- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Video and telephone consultations
Mr. Khazali is a Consultant Gynaecologist and Obstetrician, with a special interest in Minimally invasive surgery. His NHS appointment is at Ashford and St. Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Chertsey, Surrey. He sees private patients at BMI the Runnymede Hospital in Chertsey, as well as the Woking Nuffield Hospital.
He is a Co-founder/Co-director of CEMIG (Centre for Endometriosis and Minimally Invasive Gynaecology) at ASPH, which is one of currently 18 centres in the Country, accredited by the British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy for surgical treatment of advanced endometriosis.
He started his specialty training at John Radcliff Hospital, Oxford, having spent his basic training in London and Cambridge. He then moved to the south coast where he did the majority of his training and worked in Poole, Winchester and Southampton hospitals.
Shaheen holds a Masters degree in Advanced Gynaecological Endoscopy from the University of Surrey, where he is now a faculty member and an honorary senior lecturer.
Mr. Khazali treats most benign gynaecological conditions and is especially interested in advanced Laparoscopic (keyhole surgery) and Hysteroscopic surgery as well as gynaecological ultrasound scanning. He has a keen interest in looking after women with pelvic pain and endometriosis and those with heavy or irregular periods.
He has led a number of innovative projects, including an online pain diary for chronic pelvic pain patients, development of a new laparoscopic instrument to improve safety and speed of surgery and also has devised a scoring system for assessing laparoscopic surgical skills of trainees.He is an elected member of the council for the British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy and is the editor of BSGE’s video library and forum, which he has helped set up.
He has published in various journals, contributed to a number of book chapters in the field and regularly presents at national and international meetings.
Areas of interest
Pelvic pain; Endometriosis; Heavy Menstrual Bleeding; Fibroids; Ovarian cysts; Laparoscopic surgery; Laparoscopic hysterectomy; Ultrasound scans; Menopause; HRT; PCOS
- Sarah Wisden
- Runnymede Hospital Guildford Road Ottershaw CHERTSEY KT16 0RQ
- 0800 270 7270
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Nikunj Shah Fee Assured
- Dr Ian White Not Fee Assured
- Dr Robert Menzies Fee Assured
- Dr Anja Kuttler Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
CEMIG (Centre for Endometriosis and Minimally Invasive Gynaecology)
Ashford and St. Peter's Hospitals NHS Trust
Assessment of Surgical Skills
Use of technology in Laparoscopic surgery
Cycling, Skiing, Technology and IT
Golden Laparoscope for best video presentation
Best Video Award
Distinction award for Master's Degree
Anthony Letchworth Travel Felowship Award
BSGE Bursary award
Have been a member of writing group for writing two national Guidelines for the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine
MIM's Women's Health
Courses offered to GPs
I regularly deliver talks and run workshops at national and international conferences as an invited speaker.
- Masters Degree (Distinction) in Advanced Gynaecological Endoscopy, University of Surrey 2011
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, UK. Admitted as member Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2008
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education University of Dundee 2011
- Advanced module in Laparoscopy RCOG 2009
- Advanced module in Hysteroscopy RCOG 2010
- Multiple courses and workshops in Endoscopic surgery European Surgical Institute, hamburg / IRCAD, Strassbourg and many others 2013
Reference number 6075313
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Editor, Video Library and Discussion Forums British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE) 2011
- Senior Member of Council British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE) 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE)
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)
International Society of Neuropelveology (ISON)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.