- Fee assured
- Verified this account
After my basic training in India, I have trained in Orthopaedics at leading enters in England like University hospitals of Leicester and the University of Dundee. I have completed fellowships at the Wrightington Hospital in Lower Limb arthroplasty and also worked in the Foot and ankle unit in the same hospital.
Areas of interest
Hip and Knee replacements; Hip pain; knee pain; Bunion surgery; Lesser toe surgery; Mortons Neuroma; Management of arthritis foot; Rheumatoid foot; Arthroscopic surgery of the knee; Arthroscopy ankle; Ankle Arthroplasty
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Blackpool Victoria Hospital
Whinney Heys Road
Fusion versus replacement in the management of arthritic conditions of the foot and ankle.
I am interested in the management of musculoskeletal infection and am involved in a study of outpatient management of musculoskeletal infections along with the department of microbiology at the Blackpool Victoria hospital
I have great interest in trekking and am a regular visitor to the Lake district. Outside of England, I have been to Nepal and Tibet on long distance treks which have been fantastic experiences. I am very interested in travel especially to historical sites.
Year prize for the M.Ch Orth course
English, Tamil, Malayalam
'Primary Hip Arthroplasty" - chapter in Mercers textbook of Orthopaedic surgery- co-authored chapter with Mr. Peter Kay
• Sreekumar R, Gray J, Kay P, Grennan DM. ‘Methotrexate and postoperative complications in patients with Rheumatoid arthritis undergoing elective orthopaedic surgery- a ten year follow up. Acta Orthopaedica Belgica. Dec 2011.
• Subramanian S, Jain K, Sreekumar R, Fox U, Hemmady,M, Hodgkinson J P.. Early results of whole femoral head allograft with articular cartilage for acetabular impaction grafting in revision hip replacements. .Ann R Coll Surg Eng Vol 92, No 1, Jan 2010 pp 27- 30.
• Sreekumar R, Subramanian S, Mohammed A, ‘Patellar Button dislocation in a mobile bearing LCS Patello femoral Joint arthroplasty- Case report’. Journal of Knee Surgery.2009; 22: 275- 278.
• Desai A, Sreekumar Ramankutty, Tim Board, Videsh Raut. ‘Does intra- articular steroid infiltration increase the rate of infection in subsequent total knee replacements’. The Knee. August 2009. Vol 16, Issue 4, pp 262-264.
• Sreekumar R, Venkiteswaran V, Raut V, ‘Infection in primary hip arthroplasty after previous steroid infiltration’ Int. Orthopaedics. 2007 31: 125- 128.
• Horwitz M, Sreekumar R. ‘Unicompartmental knee replacements- selected internet viewings’. Ann R Coll Surg Eng 2005; 87: 477- 481.
- FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedics) Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow 2010
- M.Ch.Orthopaedics University of Dundee 1995
- Fellowship in Lower Limb Arthroplasty Wrightington Hospital, UK 2006
Reference number 3646407
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma & Orthopaedics, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
British Hip Society
British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle society
- Spire Fylde Coast Hospital, FY3 8BP
- 13:00 - 17:00
- 01253 394188
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: sreeorth