- Fee assured
- Verified this account
After my basic training in India, I have trained in Orthopaedics at leading enters in England like University hospitals of Leicester and the University of Dundee. I have completed fellowships at the Wrightington Hospital in Lower Limb arthroplasty and also worked in the Foot and ankle unit in the same hospital.
Areas of interest
Lower limb arthroplasty - Hip and Knee replacements.
Foot and ankle surgery- Bunion surgery, Surgery for hallux Valgus, Lesser toe surgery, Mortons Neuroma, Fusion of ankle and foot joints; Rheumatoid foot; Arthroscopic surgery of the knee and ankle; Ankle Arthroplasty
- Lisa Jodrell
- Spire Fylde Coast Hospital Fylde Coast Hospital St. Walburgas Road Blackpool FY3 8BP
- 01253 318824
- 07735 667266
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Blackpool Victoria Hospital
Whinney Heys Road
Fusion versus replacement in the management of arthritic conditions of the foot and ankle.
I am interested in the management of musculoskeletal infection and am involved in a study of outpatient management of musculoskeletal infections along with the department of microbiology at the Blackpool Victoria hospital
I have great interest in trekking and am a regular visitor to the Lake district. Outside of England, I have been to Nepal and Tibet on long distance treks which have been fantastic experiences. I am very interested in travel especially to historical sites.
Year prize for the M.Ch Orth course
English, Tamil, Malayalam
'Primary Hip Arthroplasty" - chapter in Mercers textbook of Orthopaedic surgery- co-authored chapter with Mr. Peter Kay
• Sreekumar R, Gray J, Kay P, Grennan DM. ‘Methotrexate and postoperative complications in patients with Rheumatoid arthritis undergoing elective orthopaedic surgery- a ten year follow up. Acta Orthopaedica Belgica. Dec 2011.
• Subramanian S, Jain K, Sreekumar R, Fox U, Hemmady,M, Hodgkinson J P.. Early results of whole femoral head allograft with articular cartilage for acetabular impaction grafting in revision hip replacements. .Ann R Coll Surg Eng Vol 92, No 1, Jan 2010 pp 27- 30.
• Sreekumar R, Subramanian S, Mohammed A, ‘Patellar Button dislocation in a mobile bearing LCS Patello femoral Joint arthroplasty- Case report’. Journal of Knee Surgery.2009; 22: 275- 278.
• Desai A, Sreekumar Ramankutty, Tim Board, Videsh Raut. ‘Does intra- articular steroid infiltration increase the rate of infection in subsequent total knee replacements’. The Knee. August 2009. Vol 16, Issue 4, pp 262-264.
• Sreekumar R, Venkiteswaran V, Raut V, ‘Infection in primary hip arthroplasty after previous steroid infiltration’ Int. Orthopaedics. 2007 31: 125- 128.
• Horwitz M, Sreekumar R. ‘Unicompartmental knee replacements- selected internet viewings’. Ann R Coll Surg Eng 2005; 87: 477- 481.
- FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedics) Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow 2010
- M.Ch.Orthopaedics University of Dundee 1995
- Fellowship in Lower Limb Arthroplasty Wrightington Hospital, UK 2006
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma & Orthopaedics, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
British Hip Society
British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle society
- Spire Fylde Coast Hospital, FY3 8BP
- 13:00 - 17:00
- 01253 394188
- Spire Manchester Hospital, M16 8AJ
- 08:00 - 12:00
- 01253 394188
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: sreeorth