- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Short Term Psychodynamic Therapy
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
Judith Felman graduated as a clinical psychologist in 1986 abroad and as an adult psychotherapist in 1997 at the Tavistock Clinic, where she completed a four year full time training and was awarded the Tavistock Qualification in Adult Psychotherapy. In 2009 Judith gained membership of the British Psychoanalytic Association being awarded the title of psychoanalyst.
Judith went on to work as a consultant clinical psychologist in the NHS and divided her clinical work time between the NHS and private practice. She retired from the NHS in 2015. Judith continues with her private practice and is an Associate and a Visiting Lecturer at the Tavistock Clinic
Areas of interest
Individual therapy for depression and anxiety, post natal depression, stress, work related stress, relationship problems, affairs and betrayals, family issues, separation and divorce, difficulties linked to bereavement or loss – of a job for instance, a long term relationship, or adapting to changes – a new job, moving countries, becoming a parent.
Low self esteem and lack of confidence,
Sexual abuse / difficulties regarding sexuality
Eating disorders, overlapping conditions
Judith Felman has developed a special interest in working with pregnant women and new parents and has a great deal of experience in this area, such as post natal depression, adoption and fertility treatment, parenting issues
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Cardiac conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Tavistock & Portman NHS Trust
- British Psychotherapy Foundation
- British Psychoanalytic Council
- Judith Felman
- British Psychoanalytic Association
- British Psychological Society
Current NHS consultant posts held
- Associate, Psychological Therapies Development Unit, Tavistock Clinic, London, NW3.
- Visiting Lecturer, Adult Department, Tavistock Clinic, NW3.
(Additional) Languages spoken
Paper entitled: 'Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy: initiating analytic treatment? presented at the 49th IPA International Congress, Boston, July 2015.
Courses offered to GPs
'What is psychoanalytic psychotherapy?' Talk to GPs.
'Introduction to Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy'- half day presentation to professionals in Israel ( decmebr 2014) and Vancouver, Canada (June 2015)
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology Bar Ilan University, Israel 1986
- Tavistock Qualification in Adult Psychotherapy Tavistock Clinic 1997
- Psychoanalyst - British Psychoanalytic Association British Association of Psychotherapists 2008
- DIT Therapist, supervisor and trainer Anna Freud Centre 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- British Psychological Society, 1986
- British Psychotherapy Foundation, 2008
- British Psychoanalytic Council, 1997
- International Psychoanalytic Association, 2009
Affiliations / memberships
Tavistock Society of Psychotherapists, member
British Psychotherapy Foundation, member
- 97 Abbots Gardens, East Finchley, London N2 0JJ
- 08:00 - 19:00
- 07403 674775
- St Clement's House, 27 Clement's Lane, City of...
- 14:00 - 18:00
- 07403 674775
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
07403 674 775