- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Behaviour Therapy
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Trauma focused CBT
- Video & Telephone remote therapy sessions
Simone Wakelin is a Consultant Cognitive Behaviour Psychotherapist and has 32 years experience of working with psychological and emotional difficulties.
Simone trained as a Psychiatric nurse in 1985 (RMN) and went on to complete her BSc (Hons) degree in CBT in 1997, she then trained at Oxford University, gaining her Post Graduate diploma in CBT in 1997.
Simone’s work and experience extends across a wide range of individual and group treatments. She has worked in the NHS, private and public sector and has experience in lecturing in CBT in three local universities. Simone has extensive experience as a Clinical Supervisor and has taught supervision within the NHS, both locally and nationally.
Simone has been involved in “Improving Access to Psychological Therapies” (IAPT) as a Clinical Lead, Consultant CBT Therapist, supervisor and lecturer.
As a Cognitive Behaviour Psychotherapist, Simone has developed expertise and experience in a wide range of emotional and psychological disorders
Simone has been a fully accredited member of BABCP since 2005.
Areas of interest
• Anxiety disorders • Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) • Depression • Eating disorders • Bereavement • Adolescent mental health • Individual therapy • Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) • Psychosis • Alcohol / drug dependency • Trauma • Personality issues
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Conversational