- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Video and telephone consultations
I graduated from Newcastle University in 2002 with a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology.
I have many years experience working with adults and children with a range of psychological difficulties and disorders such as anxiety, depression, low self esteem, behavioural difficulties, Functional Neurological Disorder, and stress. I worked in the NHS for over 30 years before leaving to work exclusively in private practice.
I have additional training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, EMDR and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. I do not adhere rigidly to one model of therapy because I do not believe that people fit, or can be forced to fit into little boxes. Instead, I
prefer to work in a collaborative way with clients, to understand their individual story, and develop bespoke interventions to meet their specific needs.
I keep up to date with new developments and research and have regular supervision in line with good practice and clinical guidelines. This ensures that my practice is safe and unto date.
Areas of interest
1. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for adults and children with a range of emotional difficulties.
2. Age range 5 and above.
3. Also specialises in the assessment and management of psychological difficulties associated with physical health problems, such as chronic pain, epilepsy, tic disorder
4. Additional qualifications and expertise in neuropsychological assessment of traumatic or acquired brain injury in children and adolescents aged 0-19.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- obsessive compulsive Disorder
- Functional Neurological Disorder
- Low mood
- low self esteem
- Anxiety and depression
- Doctorate Clinical Psychology Newcastle Univeristy 2002
- EMDR EMDR Academy 2020
- Acceptance and Commitment Training Contextual Consulting (Russ Harris) 2020
- Diploma Paediatric Neuropsychology University College London 2012
- BA (hons) Psychology Open University 1996
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Comittee member British Psychological Society 2019
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.