- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Dr Girija (Gij) Anand has been a consultant in clinical oncology at North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust since her appointment in January 2011. She also works at the Royal Free Hospital, Chase Farm site.
She obtained her MRCP in 2002. Completed her higher specialist training in clinical oncology at Mount Vernon Hospital, North Middlesex Hospital, Royal Free Hospital and Imperial College NHS Trust in 2009. Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists since September 2007.
Dr Anand has wide experience in the general oncological management of various tumour sites. Her expertise is in treating tumours of the lung, breast, and skin (non melanoma) malignancies. This includes the delivery of novel radiotherapy techniques and medical oncology.
Areas of interest
She has an active interest in research, teaching and recruits into national and commercial clinical trials. Another key area of interest is service development in the modern NHS. Her subsequent leadership roles included:
• Acute oncology lead 2011-2012 and member of London Cancer Acute Oncology External Reference Group 2012
• Radiotherapy lead for London cancer skin pathway board established to streamline skin cancer pathways across north central London(2012-2017).
• Clinical Director for oncology & palliative care at North Middlesex (2014-2018),
• Radiotherapy Strategic lead for Royal Free London & North Middlesex University Hospitals 2018-2019
• Faculty member for Clinical Oncology at the Royal College of Radiologists since Sept2019
• Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy lead at North Middlesex University Hospital since 2019.
MBBS Gold Medallist in Ophthalmology
1. Active recruiter into National & commercial clinical trials in breast & lung cancer
2. Member of the TRACER X Consortium that have published several papers in peer reviewed journals.
3. Publications & affiliations:
Lung Cancer Treatment in COVID 19 positive patients: Guidelines and Gestalt
A Greenberg, Girija Anand & G Sinclair
JCO Oncology Practice 2020 August 11OP2000511,Epub 2020 Aug 11
Life Threatening Pembrolizumab Induced Myositis in a Patient Treated for Advanced Adenocarcinoma of the Lung
S Robinson C Lai G Hotton And G Anand
Acute Medicine Journal, Volume 18, Issue 3, pages 137-204(2019)
Organising pneumonia during breast cancer treatment with trastuzumab
Wing-Kin Liu Rebecca Gillibrand Ian Moonsie Girija Anand Ricardo J. José
Annals of Research Hospitals, August 2019
Palliative Whole Brain Radiotherapy for Cerebral Metastases in Advanced Lung Cancer: does it make a difference?
H Buckley, N Bhuva, A Ranger, N Goyal, G Anand et al
European Journal of Palliative Care Vol 22.5, October 2015
Palliative Radiotherapy for Merkell Cell Carcinoma; Single centre experience and review of the literature
B Kanagaratnam, A Shah and G Anand
Journal of Radiotherapy in Practice
Published online Volume 15, Issue 2, June 2016 pages 189-195
Superior vena cava stent migration into the pulmonary artery causing fatal pulmonary infarction
G Anand, C Lewanski, S Cowman and J Jackson
Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology February 2010
- MBBS Kasturba Medical College India 1998
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 2002
- FRCR Royal College o Radiologists 2007
Reference number 5199592
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC, 2009