- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
I have many years of experience in working with people who are struggling with anxiety disorders or depression. I have received positive feedback from my clients. Most clients report improvement after 6 to 8 sessions.
Areas of interest
My client group is aged 18 and upwards.
I work with Anxiety disorders, including Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia, Health Anxiety, Social Anxiety, OCD, Low Self Esteem, Specific Phobias and Depression.
I practise EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Re-Processing) where appropriate. This is found to be effective for trauma and good results are also reported when it is used for other disorders such as Panic Disorder, Social Anxiety, Depression and Health Anxiety.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Physical disability
Current NHS consultant posts held
All my work is on a Self Employed basis including Clinical Supervision provided to CBT therapists and to trainee therapists.
I subscribe to and keep up to date with all the relevant professional journals including "Therapy Today", "EMDR Now", "Behavioural & Cognitive Therapy", "Counselling & Psychotherapy Research" and "CBT Today".
In my spare time I enjoy travelling and playing in chamber and orchestral musical ensembles.
EMDR Certificates Parts 1, 2 and 3
EMDR Practitioner Accreditation
I have a limited knowledge of French and Spanish.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Salomons, Canterbury Christ Church University 2010
- Diploma in Counselling Universtiy of Kent at Canterbury 2002
- Registered Mental Nurse St Augustine's Hospital, Chartham, Canterbury 1981
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) - Part 1 A. Richman Associates 2013
- EMDR Parts 2 and 3 (Full qualification obtained) A. Richman Associates 2014
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accreditation BABCP BABCP 2012
- Accreditation BACP BACP 2016
- Practitioner Accreditation EMDR EMDR UK & Ireland 2016
Affiliations / memberships
- 36 Hanover Place CANTERBURY CT2 7HA
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 01227 450962
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details