- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 30 Apr 2020
- Gynaecological oncology
- Video and telephone consultations
Ms Buddha graduated from University of Health Sciences with First Class Honours as Rajya Lakshmi Scholar in 1996, one of India’s oldest and most prestigious medical schools. During her studies, she was awarded the PLK state-wide Gold Medal in Pathological Sciences and VKS state-wide Gold Medal in General Surgery.
Ms Buddha was appointed a consultancy position in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Worthing Hospital (Western Sussex NHS Trust) in 2010 as the early pregnancy lead - overseeing early pregnancy and gynaecology ultrasound training. She received her practising privileges at BMI Goring Hall Hospital in June 2012.
Ms Buddha currently treats the following conditions:
Vulval Dermatoses; Vulvodynia; Recurrent Pregnancy Loss or Miscarriage; Incompetent Cervix & Cerclage; Vaginal Prolapse; Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding (DUB); Uterine Fibroids; Ovarian Cysts; Pelvic Pain; Premenstrual Syndrome; Menopause.
Ms Buddha specialises in the following surgical procedures:
Gynaecology Ultrasound; Open Abdominal Hysterectomy; Laparoscopic-assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy; Vaginal Hysterectomy; Pelvic Floor repair; Laparoscopic Adhesiolysis; Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy; Laparoscopic Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy; Vulval Mapping; Vulval Surgery; Endometriosis Treatment; Endometrial Ablation for Heavy Periods; Hysteroscopy & Myosure Polypectomy.
Ms Buddha offers 30-minute consultation time for all new referrals and 15-minute consultation time for follow-up appointments.
Ms Buddha has a track-record of low intervention rates and ensures her clinical decision making is in accordance with latest NICE and RCOG guidance.
Areas of interest
1. Initiating a one-stop holistic service in 2011 called the Recurrent Miscarriage Clinic. The first of its kind in WSHT:
-Caters for women suffering from multiple pregnancy losses.
-Ensures women of healthy ongoing pregnancy with counselling in the case of a miscarriage.
-I offer this unique specialist service to my private patients without waiting times.
2. I lead the Multidisciplinary Vulval Clinic. A specialist service for women with Vulval conditions:
-This service has been successful at WSHT, especially with older women.
-Negates the need to travel to a busy tertiary or specialist clinic in London for treatment.
3. I am a member of Gynaecology Cancer Services at Worthing Hospital:
-I offer a one-stop diagnostic service with ultrasound and biopsy.
-Counselling following the diagnosis of cancer.
-As a core-member of Worthing specialist MDT, I can facilitate the continuity of care from private to NHS Cancer Services.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Clinical Director for Women's Health at WSHT
Appointed in November 2018
Chronic Endometritis and Recurrent Miscarriage - CERM trial.
Lead by the University of Warwick Clinical Trials Unit.
I am currently Co-Principal Investigator for Worthing.
- I enjoy listening to classical music
- I am an avid reader of Modern History
- I also enjoy Yoga.
- Rajya Laksmi Scholar at NTR University of Health Sciences.
- Laksmi-Kanthamma Gold Medal in Pathological Sciences
- Krishna-Sharma Gold Medal in General Surgery
- Pillai Memorial Prize in Biochemistry
- Nominated for 2010 WSHT STAR Award
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Telugu - Native or bilingual
- Caesarean Section Scar Ectopic: Mallick, Waters, Buddha et al.
- Successful Conservative Treatment of Placenta Accreta: Wahab, Buddha, Matts.
- Catamenial Pneumothorax: Buddha, Nippani.
- Hysteroscopic Diagnosis of Interstitial Ectopic Pregnancy: Reid, Buddha.
Courses offered to GPs
- Vulval Dermatology
- Early Pregnancy Complications
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Ultrasound in Gynaecology
- MBBS RMC University Of Health Science 1996
- FRCOG RCOG 2019
- MRCOG RCOG 2004
- DFFP FSRH 2001
- ATSM in Vaginal Surgery RCOG 2009
- ATSM in Early Pregnancy & Emergency Gyanecology RCOG 2009
Reference number 5199811
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Early Pregnancy Lead WSHT 2010
- Worthing Site Lead NHS Worthing 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT in Obsetrics and Gyanecology, 2009
Affiliations / memberships
Member of BSGE
- Bodiam AvenueGoring-by-SeaWORTHINGBN12 5AT
- 09:00 - 14:00
- 07552 707939
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Ms Lavanya Buddha
Number: 07834 197 323