- Fee assured
- Verified account
I am an orthopaedic surgeon who performs hip and knee replacement surgery and keyhole knee surgery.
I specialise in enhanced recovery of patients after surgery.
I use the latest techniques to control pain and this allows my patients to recover quickly and safely after surgery. They are also able to mobilise rapidly and return home quickly.
Most of my patients are discharged from hospital within 3 days of surgery
I have a postgraduate diploma in computer navigated knee surgery which means that the knee replacements I perform are done with the aid of a computer and this ensures very precise accuracy and better results.
Areas of interest
Hip Replacement; Knee Replacement; Partial Knee Replacement; Navigated (Computer aided); Knee Replacement; Knee arthroscopy; Hip and Knee Injections
- Claire Vizor
- Spire Hull & East Riding Hospital Lowfield Road Anlaby HULL HU10 7AZ
- 01482 672477
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Packianathaswamy Balaji Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Clinical Director for Trauma
Major Trauma Consultant
Tutor for Hull York Medical School
Hull & East Yorkshire NHS Trust
Navigated Knee Replacement
Walking the Yorkshire Wolds
Dogs x 2
Keeping up with my kids!
Clinical Excellence Award
Surgeon. 2013 Feb;11(1):20-4.
J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2011 Nov;36(9):802-
Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009 Oct 7;(4)
Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2008 Sep;90(6):483-7.
J Hand Surg Br. 2006 Dec;31(6):606-7.
Courses offered to GPs
Hip and Knee pathways
Surgery for Hip and Knee arthritis
Enhanced Recovery after Orthopaedic Surgery
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.njrsurgeonhospitalprofile.org.uk/SurgeonProfile?gmccode=4616490
- Medical Degree (MBChB) University of Leeds Medical School 1999
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 2003
- MSc Evidence Based Orthopaedics University of Teesside 2006
- FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedics) Royal College of Surgeons of England 2010
- Arthroplasty Fellowship Golden Jubilee National Hospital, Glasgow 2011
Reference number 4616490
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Clinical Director for Trauma Division (head of dept) Hull & East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and orthopaedic surgery , 2011
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons of England
British Orthopaedic Association
Enhanced Recovery after Surgery Society UK
- Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital
- 08:30 - 12:30
- 01482 672400
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.