- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Royal Liverpool University Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a ophthalmology consultant at Royal Liverpool University hospital. I also practice at Ashtead hospital in Surrey.
I am on the specialist register at the GMC since 2010 and have been a UK consultant since 2011.
I work in London and Liverpool and have 20+ years experience in Ophthalmology.
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery; femtosecond laser cataract surgery; YAG laser treatment; Retinal laser treatment; intravitreal injection treatment;Medical retina; Oculoplastics; Cataract surgery; Macular degeneration; Diabetic retinopathy; Uveitis
Current NHS consultant posts held
Royal Liverpool University Hospital
Cataract surgery and intraocular lenses, Macular degeneration, retinal diseases, diabetic retinopathy
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Native or bilingual
- Urdu - Native or bilingual
- Arabic - Basic
35 + publications in peer reviewed journals
See website for details
Courses offered to GPs
Frequent zoom seminars and face to face lectures
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.nodaudit.org.uk/public/surgeons/5199217
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons ( Edinburgh) 2010
- MRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2004
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2010
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2005
Reference number 5199217
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Clinical Audit lead Ophthalmology Epsom and St Helier NHS trust 2012
- Clinical lead for Diabetic retinopathy Epsom and St Helier NHS trust 2013
- Clinical Lead for Macular degeneration Epsom and St Helier NHS trust 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT in Ophthalmology, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Membership of European society of cataract and refractive surgery 2014-15
Membership of European society of Retina specialists 2015
- Ashtead Hospital
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01372 275161
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details