- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Areas of interest
• Minimally invasive valve surgery
Coronary artery bypass surgery
Off pump Coronary artery bypass grafting (OPCAB)
• Total arterial bypass grafting
• Aortic aneurysm surgery including aoric root and arch
• Aortic valve replacement surgery
• Mitral valve repair and replacement surgery
. Tricuspid valve repair and replacement surgery
• Cardiac tumors and Myxoma surgery
• Pericardiectomy for Constrictive paricarditis
- Gillian Coates
- E Floor Cardiac Surgery Department Leeds General Infirmary Great George Street LEEDS LS1 3EX
- 0113 392 5792
- 0113 392 5408
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
English, Hindi and Telugu
I have performed around 1500 major cardiac surgical procedures as a consultant with <0.5% mortality and 0.1% stroke for CABG and valve surgery. I have 0.1% deep sternal wound infection, less than 5% readmission, 98% of overall 5 out of 5 patient satisfaction score.
I have <1% re-exploration rate and 1.5% overall mortality for all cardiac procedures including emergency, elective and salvage operations.
- MBBS Andhra Medical College, India 1992
- MS General Surgery Andhra Medical College, India 1996
- MCh Cardithoracic surgery Gandhi Medical College, India 2001
- FRCS The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1999
- FRCS CTh The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2007
Reference number 6055244
- Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital 2 Leighton...
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 0113 392 5792
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.