- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Barton regularly treats hip and knee arthritis in the form of hip and knee replacements and revision of both hip and knee replacements.
He trained on the renowned Oswestry rotation and gained a further year's subspecialist fellowship experience in Ottawa, Canada.
He performs over 200 joint replacements per year.
Areas of interest
Simple and complex Hip replacement; Simple and complex Knee replacement; Revision surgery of the hip; Revision surgery of the knee; Young adult hip problems; Young adult hip replacement;
- Rachel Barton
- BMI The South Cheshire Private Hospital Leighton CREWE CW1 4QP
- 01270 618654
- 07971 464648
- 01270 273858
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Roofa Mushtaq Fee Assured
- Dr Neil C Brooks Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Hip and Knee surgeon
Chief Clinical Information Officer,
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Leighton, Crewe.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Welsh - Native or bilingual
Courses offered to GPs
I am happy to offer any GP advice via phone or email on any orthopaedic or trauma issue.
In 7 years, I have had 3 readmissions. I am yet to have a confirmed deep infection. My mortality rate is zero. My complication rate is therefore well below the national and acceptable rate.
- MB BCh University of Wales College of Medicine 1996
- MRCS (Ed) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2001
- FRCS(Tr&Orth) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2007
- Adult Reconstruction Fellowship The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Canada 2008
Reference number 4305008
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council Specialist Register, 2009
Affiliations / memberships
British Hip Society
British Orthopaedic Association
British Medical Association
Royal College of Surgeons
- BMI The South Cheshire Private Hospital, CW1 4QP
- 14:00 - 18:00
- 01270 656215
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details