- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Home chemotherapy
Since graduating from Glasgow University in 1996, Michelle initially trained and worked as a GP. She has spent over 11 years developing a specialist interest in SEM at primary and secondary care levels. This time included providing expertise in team, event and expedition medicine.
She is a Fellow of the UK Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine and has recently worked as a locum SEM Consultant for the Defence Medical Rehabilitation Unit at Headley Court. Michelle has completed a post-graduate certificate in musculo-skeletal ultrasound.
Michelle has extensive experience working with elite sport including as Chief Medical Officer for Scottish Athletics, and providing SEM support at the London Olympic and Paralympic Games. She is the SEM lead physician for the Scottish Institute of Sport, East Region. Michelle will be a doctor in Team Scotland’s medical team for the Commonwealth Games, Glasgow 2014.
Areas of interest
Sports injuries; Ultrasound; Soft tissue injections;
Road cycling, hill walking, running and skiing
(Additional) Languages spoken
- MBChB Glasgow University 1996
- BSc Physiology and Sports Science Glasgow University 1993
- MRCGP Royal College of General Practitioners 2001
- DFFP Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2000
- DRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2001
- Dip SEM (GB&I) Royal College of Physicians London and Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2002
- FFSEM Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine 2012
- PgC Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Glasgow Caledonian University 2012
Reference number 4302548
Details of entry to specialist register
- Sport and Exercise Medicine, 2012
- General Practice, 2001
Affiliations / memberships
FSEM, BASEM, UKADIS
- Balanced Physiotherapy Sports Academy Heriot...
- 17:00 - 18:30
- 0131 451 8440
- Bupa Centre Glasgow, G2 1DY
- 13:30 - 17:00
- 0141 800 4000
- Life fit Wellness Falkirk business hub Weir...
- 10:00 - 12:00
- 01324 614044
- Spire Shawfair Park Hospital, EH22 1FE
- 16:00 - 18:00
- 0131 316 2537