- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
Areas of interest
Anaesthesia for orthopaedic Surgery - Plastics - General Surgery
Current NHS consultant posts held
Dr Marcela P. Vizcaychipi is a Consultant Intensivist and Anaesthetist and Divisional Research Lead for Planned Care Surgery & Clinical Support at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. Dr Vizcaychipi is Honorary Clinical Senior Lecture at Imperial College London.
Dr Vizcaychipi studies the effect of Anaesthesia and Surgery on Alzheimer’s disease. She researches on short and long-term cognitive outcomes after surgery and acute admissions to hospitals. Dr Vizcaychipi is the lead for the Perioperative Research into Memory (PRiMe) Group at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital.
- Equestrian activities
(Additional) Languages spoken
1. Geographical analysis of socioeconomic factors in risk of domestic burn injury in London 2007–2013. J S Heng, J Atkins, O Clancy, M Takata, K W Dunn, I Jones MP Vizcaychipi. Burns 41, (3), May 2015, Pages 437–445
2. The responsiveness of the Chelsea Critical Care Physical Assessment tool in measuring functional recovery in the burns critical care population: An observational study. EJ Cornera, LV Hichensa, KM Attrilla, MP Vizcaychipi, SJ Brettb, JM Handy. Burns 41 (2), March 2015, Pages 241–247
3. The psychological and neurocognitive consequences of critical illness. A pragmatic review of current evidence. O Clancy, T Ediginton, A Casarin, MP Vizcaychipi, Journal of the Intensive Care Society January 26, 2015 1751143715569637
4. Influence of anaesthetic factors on skin graft viability in a burns ICU. C Isitt, KA McCloskey, A Cabello, P Sharma and MP Vizcaychipi, Critical Care 2015, 19(Suppl 1):P359 doi:10.1186/cc14439
5. Severity of acute ocular involvement is independently associated with time to resolution of ocular disease in toxic epidermal necrolysis patients. JS Heng, N Malik, N Joshi, M Hayes, I Jones, LC Fuller, MP Vizcaychipi. Br J Ophthalmol 2015;99:251-254 doi:10.1136/bjophthalmol-2014-305506
6. Management of ocular complications in patients with toxic epidermal necrolysis on the intensive care unit. J S Heng, N Malik, N Joshi, M Hayes, MP Vizcaychipi. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2014;55: E-Abstract 1470
7. Magnesium: The Neglected Electrolyte? A Clinical Review. P Sharma, C Chung, MP Vizcaychipi. Pharmacology & Pharmacy; Vol.5 No.7(2014), Article ID:47512,11 pages DOI:10.4236/pp.2014.57086
Courses offered to GPs
Dr Vizcaychipi is responsible for the dissemination of clinical research in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care through an annual ICU clinical research forum and our annual burns teaching course at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital.
Reference number 5206130