- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Accredited Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer the Full Pathway cataract surgery package for Bupa customers ...more
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at The Westbourne Centre, Optegra Eye Hospital Birmingham, West Midlands Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
- Refractive surgery
Mark Wevill is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh who has done over 20 000 eye surgery procedures including laser eye surgery, cataract surgery and intraocular lens surgery. He has been invited to share his knowledge and experience in the UK, Europe, Asia, Africa and the USA and he has shared his knowledge in over 30 scientific papers, presentations and textbook chapters.
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery; complex cataract surgery; vision correction surgery; phakic lens surgery; corneal implant surgery; presbyopia and reading vision surgery; laser eye surgery; LASIK; LASEK; corneal cross linking; keratoconus surgery
View photos of my work
Click an image to enlarge and read a description
View videos on youtube
- FRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1996
- CertLRS Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2007
- PgDipCRS University of Ulster 2006
Details of entry to specialist register
- Ophthalomology, 1991
Affiliations / memberships
• General Medical Council (Specialist registration - Ophthalmology): 3554021
• Health Professions Council of South Africa (Specialist registration - Ophthalmology)
• Member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
• Member of the United Kingdom Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons.
• Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
• Member of the British Society of Refractive Surgeons
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details