- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Optegra Eye Hospital London .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Refractive surgery
Mr Muen is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon who is on the specialist register of the GMC for Ophthalmology. After qualifying from Manchester University he undertook training in General Surgery leading to the diploma award of Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
He then trained in Ophthalmology at St Paul's in Liverpool and in Scotland before undertaking Fellowship training in Paediatric Ophthalmology & Retinoblastoma in the Bart's & Royal London Hospital. He then underwent further fellowship training at Addenbrooke's University Hospital, Cambridge. He was invited to stay on in Cambridge as a Locum Consultant before taking up his Substantive post as a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Kingston.
Areas of interest
Strabismus ('squint'), including Botox treatment;
Eye lid procedures
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon & Royal College Tutor
The Royal Eye Unit
Kingston NHS Trust
Kingston Upon Thames
Mr Muen has an interest in Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus.
Looking after the family.
• BMA Best Medical Research Project
• Manchester University Best Neuroscience Research Project
• Joint 1st Prize for Best Project Presentation
(Additional) Languages spoken
Selection of Publications
• Persistent Fetal Vasculature – Ophthalmology
• The masquerades of childhood medulloepithelioma – Ophthalmol Med
• Efficacy of IAM in retinoblastoma – Ophthalmology
• Bilateral Endophthalmitis due to dog bite. Ophthalmology
• Uveal melanoma with extra-scleral extension. Eye
• Unsuspected PVL in children with strabismus. Acta Ophthalmol
• Hand Function in Spina Bifida. Eur J Paediatr Surg
Courses offered to GPs
Mr Muen has organised courses for General practioners on primary care in Ophthalmology. He regularly lectures to trainee ophthalmologists and allied health professionals.
- MB ChB Manchester University 1997
- MRCS.Ed (Surgery) The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2001
- FRCOphth The Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2010
Reference number 4420017
Details of entry to specialist register
- Ophthalmology, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
American Academy of Ophthalmology
British Isles Paediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus Association
American Association of Paediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Secretary of Mr Muen