- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Royal Liverpool University Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
I have been a Consultant Ophthalmologist since 2010 being the clinical lead for both Adult Strabismus (squint) and Neuro-Ophthalmology at St Paul's Eye Hospital, Liverpool.
Since 2013 I have also been appointed to help provide a Neuro-Ophthalmology service to work alongside the Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery.
ongsis, ass, high-volume cataract surgery.
Areas of interest
• Strabismus ('squint') • Neuro-ophthalmology
- Rebecca Smith
- Royal Liverpool University Hospital Prescot Street LIVERPOOL L7 8XP
- 0151 706 3992
- Research publications: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=durnian
- Liverpool Eye Clinic: http://www.theliverpooleyeclinic.co.uk
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist and Lead Clinician in Ocular Motility and Neuro-Ophthalmology at St Paul's Eye Unit, Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
Psychosocial effects of strabismus.
Natural history of cranial nerve palsies.
Post-retinal detachment strabismus.
Having 2 young children leaves little time for personal interests, however I take every opportunity to run - averaging 2 marathons a year.
Multiple ophthalmology journals
Courses offered to GPs
Whenever required. I especially aim to educate on cranial nerve palsies and acute strabismus
- B.Sc St Andrews University 1997
- MB.ChB Manchester University 2000
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2009
Reference number 4695141
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Programme Director Ophthalmology HENW 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Full - Ophthalmology, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
1) Royal College of Ophthalmologists
2) North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society
- Spire Liverpool Hospital, L18 1HQ
- 08:30 - 12:00
- 0151 733 7123
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
0151 733 7123