- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I completed my undergraduate medical education at Guy's Hospital, London, and my clinical training in dermatology was undertaken at the Institute of Dermatology and St John’s Hospital for Diseases of the Skin (MRC Training Fellow), and Guy’s Hospital, London (Senior Registrar). I was appointed consultant dermatologist to the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh in 1988.
I have published widely in national and international journals, and have contributed chapters to internationally renowned textbooks. My doctorate degree was based on my research into inherited blistering diseases.
I am an honorary clinical senior lecturer at the University of Edinburgh, and am currently President of the Scottish Dermatological Society.
Areas of interest
Medical dermatology; Paediatric dermatology; Oncological dermatology
Current NHS consultant posts held
Locum Consultant Dermatologist
Department of Dermatology
Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
- BSc (!st class Honours) University of London 1974
- MB.BS University of London 1977
- MRCP(UK) Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom 1979
- MD University of London 1986
- FRCP(Edin.) Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 1991
- FRCP(Lond.) Royal College of Physicians of London 2007
Reference number 2368788
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- President of the Scottish Dermatological Society Scottish Dermatological Society 2017
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of London
British Association of Dermatologists
Scottish Dermatological Society
British Society for Paediatric Dermatology
British Society for Medical Dermatology
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.