- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
I have been practicing as a cognitive behaviour therapist since 2003. I am accredited with the BABCP and registered with the HCPC as a social worker. I have extensive experience working in specialist Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services and children in care services as well as adult secondary care mental health services. I have been practicing in private practice alongside my NHS work since 2006 treating adults and young people with a range of psychological difficulties. I also have substantial experience providing supervision to other therapists and training therapist on IAPT programmes and MSc CBT programmes. I have completed EMDR parts 1, 2 & 3 and have treated many patients using this approach with significant success.
Areas of interest
Adults; Children and young people; Treating a range of anxiety disorders including OCD, panic disorder and social anxiety; Depression; Psychosis; Post traumatic stress disorder using CBT; EMDR; Mindfulness based CBT; Compassion focused therapy
Current NHS consultant posts held
I have a part time post within the NHS in Manchester as a cognitive behavioural therapist and clinical supervisor.
- DipHE Adult General Nursing University of East Anglia 1998
- DipSw Salford University 2000
- Post Grad Diploma Cognitive Therapy SCCTC affiliated by Manchester University 2004
- EMDR Level 1, 2 & 3 EMDR Masterclass 2013