- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Western Eye Hospital, Charing Cross Hospital, Parkside Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery including multifocal lens insertion and correction of astigmatsim, Glaucoma including MIGS procedures and laser
- Faisal Ahmed's secretary
- The Western Opthalmic Hospital 153-173 Marylebone Road LONDON NW1 5QH
- 020 8770 9197
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Constandinos H Papageorgiou Fee Assured
- Dr Andrzej Con Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Mr Faisal Ahmed Consultant Ophthalmologist specialising in glaucoma and cataract surgery at the Western Eye Hospital, Imperial College NHS Trust and is also Senior Honorary Lecturer, Imperial College, London
In addition to the well-established filtration surgeries in glaucoma I also perform endo-cyclo-photocoagulation, MIGS devices including I stent insertion (Nice approved), iStent Inject as well as goniosynechialysis surgery in conjunction with cataract surgery to reduce patient reliance on glaucoma medication.
I am an author for the Emerging Laser and Surgical Treatments for Glaucoma section in “ Eye-Site” which is a newly developed national website developed by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, to provide e-learning for ophthalmology trainees
Faisal is ta member of a humanitarian UK registered charity: Humanity First. and is involved in cataract programs in Gambia and Uganda
1. Short listed for 2017 best poster prize, International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research, 20th Annual European Congress: REAL WORLD EVIDENCE IN GLAUCOMATOUS DISEASES.
2. Audit prize: Phaco Plus procedures Imperial College Ophthalmology Research Group. 2017
3. Audit prize: Phaco-iStent 2 year follow up. Imperial College Ophthalmology Research Group 2016
4.2010 UK Allergan Glaucoma Achievement Award for innovation in glaucoma care.
Mr Ahmed is an author for the Emerging Laser and Surgical Treatments for Glaucoma in a newly developed national website developed by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists in collaboration with e-Learning for Healthcare.
Courses offered to GPs
1. Royal Society of Medicine, “The Art and Craft of Glaucoma” March 2019
2. MCLOSA (Medical Contact lens and Ocular Surface Association) November 2018 “Endothelial Cell Loss In glaucoma Surgery”
3. European Vison Eye Research, Nice France, October 2018
4. Oxford Medical Glaucoma and Anterior Segment Meeting, June 2018 Management of glaucoma patients with cataracts, the Western eye, “Hospital experience of phaco plus procedures”
7. iStent Course faculty member – Birmingham October 2
- FRCOphth England 2011
Reference number 4344249
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Ophthalmologists UK
UK and Eire Glaucoma Society
UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Society
European Glaucoma Sciety
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
My secretary can be contacted on 07887588317