- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Unable to accept new patients
Last updated: 5 Jun 2020
Mr Das trained at Guys & St Thomas' Hospital, London. He undertook specialist ENT training in South East Thames and notably worked at Brighton and Sussex NHS Trust, Guy's & St Thomas Hospital, London, Great Ormond Street, London and Kings College, London.
He undertook a 1 year fellowship at The University of Toronto, Canada in Advanced Otology/Skull Base Surgery and Paediatric ENT.
Mr Das completed a Masters in Surgical Education at Imperial College, London and has an interest in specialisation selection and undergraduate teaching.
Since appointed to Brighton and Sussex NHS Trust he has introduced Laser Assisted Otological Surgery to the Trust for operations to remove chronic ear infections and hearing reconstruction.
In addition to being a general ENT surgeon, Mr Das has a dual interest in paediatric ENT and Hearing and Balance disorders and works in close collaborations with The Royal Alexandra Childrens Hospital and Great Ormond Street, London.
Areas of interest
Adult & Paediatric Ear Surgery;
Paediatric ENT Specialist
- Janet Dix
- Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital Burrell Road HAYWARDS HEATH RH16 1UD
- 01444 412273
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Paul Smith Fee Assured
- Dr Andrew K Daborn Not Fee Assured
- Dr Peter Westhead Fee Assured
- Dr Richard Kavanagh Not Fee Assured
- Dr Rakhee Hindocha Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
The Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton
The Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital, Brighton
The Princess Royal Hospital, Haywards Heath
Current regional research lead in a national study evaluating genetic causes of glue ear in children. Clinical research in hearing and balance disorders at The University of Toronto-leading to multiple publications in international peer reviewed journals. Mr Das publishes and presents regularly in all areas of ENT.
Outside work he enjoys the Sussex Countryside, including running, cycling and since retiring from playing rugby coach at Heathfield and Waldron RFC.
Clinical Excellence Award
Multiple publications in ENT journals annually.
A reviewer for Clinical Otolaryngology.
Prospectively record outcomes for all major ear operations ensuring that the outcomes are above national averages.
- MBBS Guy's & St. Thomas' Hospitals, London 1999
- Masters of Surgical Education Imperial College, London 2008
- BSc. (Clinical Anatomy & Wound Healing) Guy's & St. Thomas' London 1996
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons, London 2009
- Fellowship in Neuro-Otology University of Toronto 2010
- Fellowship in Paediatric ENT University of Toronto 2010
Reference number 4633721
Details of entry to specialist register
- ENT, 2011
Affiliations / memberships
The Royal College of Surgeons, England
The Royal Society of Medicine
The British Society of Otologists
The European Society of Paediatric Otolaryngologists
- Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital, BN2 6DX
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01444 412273
- Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital, RH16 1UD
- 09:00 - 14:00
- 01444 412273
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Via Switchboard of local private hospital.