- Awaiting verification
Dr Wiles qualified from Nottingham University Medical School 1999 and trained in General Medicine at North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary before undertaking anaesthetic training in the Nottingham & East MIdlands School of Anaesthesia. He also undertook a research post as a Clinical Lecturer in Anaesthesia at University of Nottingham.
Upon completing his anaesthetic training he was appointed as a Consultant Anaesthetist at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in 2011.
Areas of interest
Neuroanaesthesia; Anaesthesia for daycase surgery; Anaesthesia for orthopaedic surgery
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Neuroanaesthesia & Neurocritical Care
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer
University of Sheffield
The use of depth of anaesthesia monitors
Management of major trauma
Haemodynamic changes in pituitary surgery
Nuffield Gold Medal for Primary FRCA Examination
Editor (Book): Nathanson MH, Moppett IK, Wiles MD. Neuroanaesthesia (Oxford Specialist Handbooks in Anaesthesia), Oxford University Press.
Multiple publications in peer reviewed journals (BJA, Anaesthesia etc). See website link for details.
- BMedSci(Hons) University of Nottingham 1997
- BM BS University of Nottingham 1999
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 2002
- FRCA Royal College of Anaesthetists 2005
- FFICM Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine 2011
- MMedSci(ClinEd) University of Nottingham 2012
Reference number 4644877
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Language Editor European Journal Anaesthesiology 2013
- External Scientific Advisor Neuroanaesthetic Society of Great Britain & Ireland 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- Anaesthesia, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Anaesthetists
Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine
Neuroanaesthetic Society of Great Britain & Ireland
European Society of Anaesthesiology