- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dr. A Khan is the head Clinician of one of the busiest Colposcopy and Vulva in the UK . He has been working in Obstetrics and Gynaecology over 20 years an award winning internationally renowned Gynaecologist .
Dr. Khan has been involved in researches related to HPV , cervical pre cancer , adenocarcinoma , early detection of Vulval , endometrial and cervical cancer and pre cancer.
Dr. Khan Co - Authored the best selling text book ( with Prof Albert Singer ) titled “Cervical and Lower Genital Tract Precancer: Diagnosis and Treatment” was published by Wiley Blackwell in 2014.
He is the recipient of the Founder's Award Ranzo Barraso from European Federation of Colposcopy and publishes regularly in peer reviewed scientific journals and the Post Graduate Course Director for various International courses.
Areas of interest
Well Women Check;
Sexual health Check;
Colposcopy ( abnormal HPV/smear report);
Vulval Disease (VIN , LIchens , Vulval pain);
Early Pregnancy check;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant , Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Head , Colposcopy and Vulval disease Unit
Cervical Screening Provider Lead
( Whittington Hospital NHS , London)
Senior Lecturer ( hon) UCL Medical School
Cervical pre cancer
Self test in screening programme
Charity involved in Global Health
Renzo Barasso ( Founder ) award from European Society of Colposcopy and Cervical pathology, Belgrade 2007 presented at 4th Congress
‘ Who’s Who in the world’ 2010 as a distinguished researcher from the UK.
‘International Who’s Who Historical Society’ member 2011.
Author of a Best selling text Book on Lower Genital Precancer with Prof A Singer . This book was published by Blackwell in May 2014.
a study on gene expression of HPV in different cervical pre cancer stages ( 2012). I was the Study coordinator of this multi centre study and a joint venture between Whittington Hospital, National Institute of Medical Research, Molecular Biology (UCL).
some of important Publications
Khan A, Sasieni P, Singer A. A prospective double-blind cross-sectional study of the accuracy of the use of dry vaginal tampons for self-sampling of human papillomaviruses. BJOG. 2015 Feb;122(3):388-94
• Ndisang D, Lorenzato F, Sindos M, Khan A, Singer A, Latchman DS The HPV Cellular Transactivator Brn-3a Can Be Used to Predict Cervical Adenocarcinoma and Squamous Carcinoma Precancer Lesions in the Developed and Developing Worlds. Obstet Gynecol Int. 2009;2009:359457. Epub 2010 Mar 9.
• Ndisang D, Khan A, Lorenzato F, Sindos M, Singer A, Latchman DS. The cellular transcription factor Brn-3a and the smoking-related substance nicotine interact to regulate the activity of the HPV URR in the cervix. Oncogene. 2010 Mar 1.
• Singer A, Khan AM. The Benefit of Human Papillomavirus Testing in
Predicting Cervical Cancer. European Obstetrics & Gynaecology Review 2009 May.
• Khan AM , Singer A.The Role of HPV Testing in the Screening and Diagnosis of Cervical Cancer. Asia Pacific Journal of Oncology & Hematology. Inaugural issue April 2009
• Khan AM, Freeman-Wang T, Pisal N, Singer A.Smoking and multicentric vulval intraepithelial neoplasia.J O bstet Gynaecol. 2009 Feb;29(2):123-5
- FRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists 2017
Reference number 6031938
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
British Colposcopy Society ( BSCCP)
British Menopause Society ( BMS)
British Vulval Study Society ( BSVVD)
British Medical Association
Royal Society Of Medicine
International Society of Vulvovaginal Disease (ISSVD)
- 25 Harley Street
- 16:00 - 19:00
- 020 3303 0316
- 25 Harley Street
- 10:00 - 13:00
- 020 3303 0316
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.