- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Paediatric emergency medicine
In 20 years of Paediatric Practice I have trained in General Paediatrics & specialised in Emergency Medicine. This was useful as I got to train in Surgery, Orthopaedics,Anaesthetics and Adult A&E normally not experienced by Paediatricuans. It mrans that I have as broad a base as possible and yet working at Consultant level am able to deliver first class care very widely.
My biggest interest is in children who have some element of anxiety either causing or maintaining their symptoms. Instead of avoiding this, I can tackle it head on using Solution-Focused or coaching techniques. I am outcome rather than diagnosis-focused.
Areas of interest
Constipation; Anxiety disorders; Chronic Fatigue; Fibromylagia; Ongoing Pain / Depression (any cause) ;Abdominal Pain; Asthma, Urinary Problems; Foreskin Problems;General Paediatric Concerns; Eating / Nutrition Problems
- Linda .
- West Lancashire NHS Trust Ormskirk & District General Hospital Wigan Road ORMSKIRK L39 2AZ
- 01695 656648
Current NHS consultant posts held
Paediatric A&E / Paediatric Consultant
Southport and Ormskirk NHS Trust
Paediatric Pain Relief
Paediatric Psychology / Anxiety
Family, friends, 2 wonderful Cockapoos!
Films,Thriller Novels, Chill out music
Shortlisted BMJ Awards 2014
Emergency Medicine Journal
Courses offered to GPs
Happy to deliver Compassionate Conversation, Solution Focus Tips,Constipation, Urology, Psychological Approaches
- MB ChB Glasgow University 1994
- BSc Psychology & Statistics Glasgow University 1992
- MPhil Medical Law Glasgow University 2005
- MRCP Edinburgh 1998
- FRCPCH Royal College of Paediatrics 2000
- BRIEF (Solution Focus) Certicate & Diploma (in completion) BRIEF 2014
Reference number 4122065
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Royal College of Paediatrics Royal College of Paediatrics 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Paediatrics, 2004
- Southport & Formby NHS Primary Care Trust...
- 17:00 - 22:00
- 07708 338288
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Myself via 07708 338 288