- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Video and telephone consultations
Dr Sofia Eriksson is a consultant neurologist and honorary associate professor at The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery (NHNN) at Queen Square and UCL Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. She is the clinical lead for epilepsy and sleep neurology at NHNN.
She has extensive experience in the evaluation and treatment of the full spectrum of seizure disorders from first seizure clinics with unclear episodes with loss of consciousness to patients with refractory epilepsy who may benefit from epilepsy surgery.
She also specialises in sleep disorders including evaluations and treatment of excessive daytime somnolence and paroxysmal nocturnal event such as sleep walking and night-terrors.
In addition to her NHS practice, she sees private patients at Cleveland Clinic London.
Areas of interest
Sleep disorders / Sleep Walking; Hypersomnolence; Overnight sleep studies; Epilepsy
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Neurologist and Honorary Associate Professor
Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy
National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Sleep disorders in particular parasomnias
- Memory consolidation and sleep
- Epilepsy, particularly focusing on brain imaging and histopathology
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Swedish - Native or bilingual
Over 30 peer reviewed publications in journals including The Lancet, Brain, Human Brain Mapping, Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry and Epilepsia.
Courses offered to GPs
• Update on epilepsy treatment
• How to make sense of paroxysmal nocturnal events
• Narcolepsy and other causes of excessive daytime somnolence
• Insomnia assessment and treatment
- Specialist in Neurology Swedish Board of National Health and Welfare 2008
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2015
- PhD - neurology/epileptology Göteborg University, Sweden 2003
Reference number 4549233
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chair of Epilepsy Advisory Group Association of British Neurologists 2021
Details of entry to specialist register
- UK GMC specialist register neurology, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of Royal College of Physicians
- Queen Square Private Consulting Rooms23 Queen...
- 16:00 - 18:00
- 020 3448 8948
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.