- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am a practising psychotherapist for 25 years and am currently registered and accredited with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. I work chiefly from my home in North London and engage in short and long term work. This covers a wide range of disorders including those of anxiety, depression, relationship problems and anger issues.
Areas of interest
• Major trauma • Relationship problems • Alcohol / drug dependency • Personality disorders • Sexual dysfunction • Individual therapy • Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) • Depression • Bereavement • Anxiety disorders • Mood disorders • Addiction
1. How healing occurs in the psyche.
2. The history of human consciousness.
3. The origins of anxiety and depression.
4. The relationship between psychotherapy and spiritual work.
Reading, travelling, swimming, classical music especially opera.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Marathi (Marāṭhī)
2012 Book - 'Healing in Psychotherapy: Working with Darkness and Light'. Karnac 2012.
2001 Article - 'Psychotherapy in an Age of Change'. International Journal of Psychotherapy. Vol 6, No.1.
Courses offered to GPs
www.alanmulhern.com provides free talks on Healing Intelligence
- Jungian psychotherapist. Association of Jungian Analysts 1994
- BA Liverpool University 1967
- MA Manchester University 1974
- Diploma in Education: Psychology and Philosophy. London University: Institute of Education 1979
- PhD Kingston University 2015
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member, Supervisor and Training Analyst Asociación Venezolana de Psicología Analítica, Caracas, Venezuela. 2011
- Senior Lecturer Kingston University, Faculty of Human Science. 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- Accredited Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) , 2009
Affiliations / memberships
Honorary Associate, Kingston University, Faculty of Human Science.
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: alanfmulhern