- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
Dr Kathy Taghipour graduated from the Faculty of Medicine in Gothenburg University in Sweden and subsequently continued her medical and dermatology training in the UK. She obtained membership of the Royal College of Physicians of London and completed her training in dermatology in the Oxford deanery in 2010.
Dr Taghipour has achieved a medical doctorate in research from King's College London conducting clinical and laboratory research at Oxford University Hospitals and St. John's Institute of Dermatology laboratories.
Dr Taghipour is a consultant dermatologist at Whittington hospital where she is the lead physician for skin cancer services and specialist autoimmune blistering disease clinics. She consults on all aspects of dermatology with a special interest in diagnosing and treatment of skin cancers, diseases of female genital skin and blistering skin diseases which has been the focus of her research. Dr Taghipour has a number of publications in peer reviewed journals and has presented widely, both nationally and internationally.
Areas of interest
General Dermatology including Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis and other rashes; Mole check with Dermoscopy; Skin Cancer diagnosis and treatment; Skin Surgery; Vulval disorders (female genital skin diseases); Autoimmune Blistering Diseases
Current NHS consultant posts held
Autoimmune bullous diseases in particular bullous pemphigoid
A number of research awards as a medical student and dermatology trainee
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Persian (Farsi)
Some of the recent publications:
•Taghipour K, Chi CC, Bhogal B, Groves RW, Venning V, Wojnarowska F. Immunopathological characteristics of patients with bullous pemphigoid and neurological disease. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2014 May; 28(5): 569-73
•Taghipour K, Mohd Mustapa M F, Highet A S, Venning V, Kirtschig G. The approach of dermatologists in the UK to the treatment of bullous pemphigoid: results of a national survey. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2013 Apr;38(3):311-3
•Taghiour K, Perera GK. Autoimmune Blistering Skin Diseases. Medicine 2013;41(7):387-93
•Ong EL, Goldacre R, Taghipour K. The relationship between motor neuron disease and bullous pemphigoid: an English cohort study. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013 Nov;69(5):836-7
•Venning V, Taghipour K, Mohd Mustapa M F, Highet A S, Kirtschig G. British Association of Dermatologists Guidelines for the management of bullous pemphigoid 2012. Br J Dermatol. 2012 Dec;167(6):1200-14
•Lloyd-Lavery A, Chi CC, Wojnarowska F, Taghipour K. The Associations Between Bullous Pemphigoid and Drug Use: A UK Case-Control Study. JAMA Dermatol. 2013 Jan 1;149(1):58-62
•Taghipour K, Kirtschig G, Palace J, Venning V, Wojnarowska F. The association of multiple sclerosis with bullous pemphigoid; is there a shared antigen response? Accepted for publication in J Am Acad Dermatol. Feb 2012
•Taghipour K, Chi CC, Vincent A, Groves RW, Venning V, Wojnarowska F. The association of bullous pemphigoid with cerebrovascular disease and dementia: a cases-control study Arch Dermatol. 2010 Nov;146(11):1251-4.
Courses offered to GPs
Biannual GP courses at Whittington Health
The latest talk was about skin cancer on September 28, 2016.
A questionnaire that included the below questions was given to 20 of my random patients
1. Was the doctor polite and considerate?
2. Did the doctor listen to what you had to say?
3. Did the doctor give you enough opportunity to ask questions?
4. Did the doctor answer all your questions?
5. Did the doctor explain things in a way you could understand?
6. Are you involved as much as you want to be in the decisions about your care and treatment?
7. Did you have confidence in the doctor?
8. Did the doctor respect your views?
9. If the doctor examined you, did he or she ask your permission?
10. If the doctor examined you, did he or she respect your privacy and dignity?
11. By the end of the consultation did you feel better able to understand and/or manage your condition and your care?
The average score was 43.9 out of 44. This document is available on request.
- MBBS Gothenburg University 1996
- MRCP London Royal College of Physician 2002
- Completion of Specialist Training in Dermatology Oxford Deanery 2010
- MD (Res) King's College London 2014
Reference number 4561521
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Dermatology Lead London Cancer 2017
- Skin Cancer Lead Whittington Health 2017
Details of entry to specialist register
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in Dermatology Oxford Deanery, 2010
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Physicians
British Association of Dermatologists
Royal Society of Medicine
- Dermconsult Clinic, 55 Harley Street, W1G 8QR
- 13:00 - 15:30
- 020 3303 0138
- Highgate Private Hospital17-19 View RoadHighgate
- 17:00 - 19:00
- 020 3303 0138
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details