- Fee assured
- Verified this account
My private practice mirrors my NHS practice (based at Good Hope Hospital and Solihull Hospital). I see patients referred to me usually by their General Practioners for a variety of paediatric problems. This includes common problems such as wheeze, asthma, eczema, constipation, diarrhoea, urine infections and growth problems.
I am a paediatrician with expertise in cardiology and can provide a one stop assessment of heart related concerns such as heart murmurs, faints, palpitations and chest pains. This includes echocardiography (ultrasound scan of heart).
During the consultation which lasts 30 to 45 minutes there is an opportunity to discuss in detail any medical issues about which the family has concern and to perform a thorough clinical examination then to form and discuss a management plan.
Areas of interest
1.Paediatric cardiology including assessment of neonates, infants and children for conditions such as heart murmurs, palpitations, chest pain and faints.
2. Common general paediatric conditions such as Asthma, chest infections, UTI, Constipation etc.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Paediatrician, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
1. Heart murmurs- parental understanding and anxiety.
2. Comparative outcome of major heart defects detected antenatally versus those detected postnatally.
English, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Persian
1. Self Assessment. Mukherjee A, Gandhi A.. Paediatrics and Child Health, March 2014 (Vol. 24, Issue 3, Pages 133-36).
2. Using CRP in neonatal practice. Ismail A, Gandhi A. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med February 2014. doi; 103109/14767058.2014.885499.
3. A teenager with lumbar striae distensae (when a bruise is not a bruise). El-Shimy N, Gandhi A. BMJ Case Reports 2013. doi;10.1136/bcr-2013-201962
4. A Neonatal Case of congenital coronary artery fistula. Ismail AQ, Gandhi A, Desai T, Stumper O. BMJ Case Reports February 2012.
5. Nosebleeds in Children as a Potential Marker for Nonaccidental Injury and Serious Underlying Pathology: How Aware Are Hospital Clinicians?
Ismail AQ, Gandhi A, ISRN Otolaryngology. doi:10.5402/2011/909570.
6. Non-pharmacologic analgesia: effective but underused. Ismail AQ, Gandhi A, Arch Dis Child. 2011 Aug; 96(8):784-5. Epub 2011 Feb 24. (PMID 21349888)
7. Intractable neonatal jaundice due to hereditary spherocytosis and Gilbert’s syndrome. Ismail AQ, Gandhi A, BMJ Case Reports 2011; doi:10.1136/bcr.05.2011.4293
8. Estimating nurse requirements using bed occupancy levels. Ismail AQ, Gandhi A
Nurs Child Young People. 2011 May; 23(4):13. (PMID: 21675170)
9. Evaluation of suspected congenital heart disease. Gandhi A, Sreekantam S. Paediatrics and Child Health, January 2011 (Vol. 21, Issue 1, Pages 7-12)
10. Radiologic investigation after urinary tract infection in children: Have we changed our practice after NICE? Talwar A, Gandhi A. Eletter published in ADC online, 9th July 2010.
11. Cricoarytenoid arthritis presenting as croup. Masilamani K, Gandhi A. J R Soc Med 2009: 102; 491-492.
Courses offered to GPs
I regularly contribute to the GP educational programme in Solihull, Birmingham and Sutton.
Reference number 4779247
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.