- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I am a BACP Registered and Senior Accredited Counsellor.
I have been working in private practice for 16 years and during this time have also worked within the NHS, alongside 7 Employment Assistance Programmes (EAP) and with charities and voluntary organisations (see below).
I have training and experience in working with a variety of issues and take self referrals from the public at large and referrals from the organisations in which I work or have been associated, as seen below:
- NHS - Winshill Medical Centre - Burton - (8 years)
- NHS - East Staffs Primary Care Trust - Burton - therapeutic smoking cessation (2 years).
- EAP associate - clients such as British Rail, Councils, NHS, Police & British Transport Police, Prison Service, Royal Mail, Probation service, Banking etc (12 years).
-Phoenix Counselling Service (B'twood/Lichfield)
-Pathway Domestic Abuse - Lichfield
-Prison Bereavement Care - Staffordshire
-Cornerstone Homeless Charity - Lichfield
-Sexual Abuse and Rape Advice Centre - Burton
-Alcohol & Drug Services in Staffs - Burton
I offer a professional, warm and down to earth approach which allows my clients to open up, be honest and move forward with their lives. I believe no two people, or their experiences, are alike so I use a variety of strategies and ideas to match the person I'm trying to help.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Abuse; Anger management; Bereavement and Loss; Confidence and self esteem; Depression; Infant Loss; Stress related disorders; Panic attacks; Work related issues.
- MBACP (Snr. Accred.) - BACP Senior Accreditation British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy 2012
- MBACP (Accred.) - BACP Accreditation British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy 2005
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Humanistic) Burton College of Further Education 2002
- Certificate in Drugs and Alcohol Misuse Counselling Stoke on Trent College linked with ADSIS 2002
- Certificate in Solution Focused Practice Change Brief Therapy 2017
- Primary Certificate in Critical Incident and Post Trauma Management Sheehan Brooke Psychological Training 2006
- B.A. (Hons) Applied Social Science (maj. Psychology) Coventry University 1987
Details of entry to specialist register
- BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, 2012
- Foundation for Infant Loss Accredited Member List, 2018
- Anxiety UK Approved Therapist, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
I am a Registered and Senior Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.