- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 21 Jul 2020
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a BACP Senior Accredited and Registered Counsellor providing short and longer term therapy.
I have been working as a therapist in private practice for 17 years and have training and experience of working with a variety of issues.
During this time I have also worked within the NHS, alongside 7 Employment Assistance Programmes (EAP) and with charities and voluntary organisations (see below).
NHS - Winshill Medical Centre - Burton - (8 years general practice counselling) and also East Staffs PCT (2 years therapeutic smoking cessation).
EAP associate (14 years) - workplace counselling for clients such as British Rail, Councils, NHS, Police & British Transport Police, Prison Service, Royal Mail, Probation service, Banking etc.
-Phoenix Counselling - B'twood/Lich (Oct 2018+)
-Pathway Domestic Abuse - Lichfield (2 yrs)
-Prison Bereavement Care - Staffordshire (2 yrs)
-Cornerstone Homeless Charity - Lichfield (1 yr)
-Sexual Abuse & Rape Advice Centre - (1.5 yrs)
-Alcohol & Drug Services Staffs - Burton (2 yrs)
I offer a professional, warm and down to earth approach which I hope allows my clients to open up, be honest and move forward with their lives. I believe no two people, or their experiences, are alike so I use a variety of strategies and ideas to match the person I'm trying to help.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Abuse (Sexual, Physical, Emotional); Anger management; Bereavement and Loss; Confidence and self esteem; Depression; Infant Loss; Stress related disorders; Panic attacks; Work related issues.
- MBACP (Snr. Accred.) - BACP Senior Accreditation British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy 2012
- MBACP (Accred.) - BACP Accreditation British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy 2005
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Humanistic) Burton College of Further Education 2002
- Certificate in Drugs and Alcohol Misuse Counselling Stoke on Trent College linked with ADSIS 2002
- Certificate in Solution Focused Practice Change Brief Therapy 2017
- Primary Certificate in Critical Incident and Post Trauma Management Sheehan Brooke Psychological Training 2006
- B.A. (Hons) Applied Social Science (maj. Psychology) Coventry University 1987
- BPS Approved Certificate in 3rd Wave CBT SDS Seminars Ltd 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, 2012
- Foundation for Infant Loss Accredited Member List, 2018
- Anxiety UK Approved Therapist, 2012
Affiliations / memberships
I am a Registered and Senior Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.