- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Video and telephone consultations
I am a BACP Senior Accredited and Registered Counsellor providing short and longer term therapy.
I have 20+ years' experience, 19 of those in private practice, and have training and experience of working with a variety of issues.
During this time I have also worked within the NHS, alongside 7 Employment Assistance Programmes (EAP) and with charities and voluntary organisations (see below).
NHS - Winshill Medical Centre - Burton - (8 years general practice counselling) and also East Staffs PCT (2 years therapeutic smoking cessation).
EAP associate (16 years) - workplace counselling for clients such as British Rail, Councils, NHS, Police & British Transport Police, Prison Service, Royal Mail, Probation service, Banking etc.
-Phoenix Counselling - B'twood/Lich (Oct 2018+)
-Anxiety UK (7 yrs)
-Pathway Domestic Abuse - Lichfield (2 yrs)
-Prison Bereavement Care - Staffordshire (2 yrs)
-Cornerstone Homeless Charity - Lichfield (1 yr)
-Sexual Abuse & Rape Advice Centre - (1.5 yrs)
-Alcohol/Drug Services Staffs - (2001 2 yrs)
I offer a professional, warm and down to earth approach which I hope allows my clients to open up, be honest and move forward with their lives. I believe no two people, or their experiences, are alike so I use a variety of strategies and ideas to match the person I'm trying to help.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Abuse (Sexual, Physical, Emotional); Anger management; Bereavement and Loss; Confidence and self esteem; Depression; Infant Loss; Stress related disorders; Panic attacks; Work related issues.
- MBACP (Snr. Accred.) - BACP Senior Accreditation British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy 2012
- MBACP (Accred.) - BACP Accreditation British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy 2005
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Humanistic) Burton College of Further Education 2002
- Certificate in Drugs and Alcohol Misuse Counselling Stoke on Trent College linked with ADSIS 2002
- Certificate in Solution Focused Practice Change Brief Therapy 2017
- Primary Certificate in Critical Incident and Post Trauma Management Sheehan Brooke Psychological Training 2006
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling Counselling Tutor 2021
- BPS Approved Certificate in 3rd Wave CBT SDS Seminars Ltd 2019
- B.A. (Hons) Applied Social Science (maj. psychology) Coventry University 1987
Details of entry to specialist register
- BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, 2012
- Foundation for Infant Loss Accredited Member List, 2018
Affiliations / memberships
-Registered and Senior Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
-Association for Counselling & Therapy Online