- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Consultant ENT surgeon for >25 years.
Director of Education for Brit Assoc of ORL and HN Surgery (ENT UK)
Long standing member of National Training Committee (SAC)
Chairman for National Recruitment Process until 5 years ago.
Past-Chairman of MRCS ENT examining committee for Royal College of Surgeons
Honorary Fellowships form Hong Kong Colleges of Surgeons and ENT Surgeons
>50 Peer Reviewed research Papers and contributor to several ENT books
ENT Surgery Course organiser
Examiner for Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, England, Dublin and Glasgow.
External Examiner for College of Surgeons of Hong Kong.
Areas of interest
Otology (ears); Rhinology (nasal disorders); facial pain; tinnitus; unsteadiness; vertigo; throat disorders
Ear (Otology), and sino-nasal conditions (Rhinology
Honorary Fellowship College of Surgeons of Hong Kong, 1993
Honorary Fellowship College of Otorhinolaryngologists, 2016
All procedures in past 10 years, nil mortality rate, nil re-admission rate, nil post-operatic infections.
Revalidated with GMC 2016
Yearly appraisal with MIAD through Nuffield Health, past appraisals through Shrewsbury and Telford NHS Hospitals.
- FRCSEd(General Surgery) RCS Edinburgh 1983
- FRCSEng(ORL) RCS England 1986
- Fellow College of Surgeons of Hong Kong (FCSHK) Honorary College of Surgeons of Hong Kong 1993
- MB ChB University of Dundee 1978
- Fellow College of Otorhinolaryngologists of Hong Kong, (FCORLHK) Honorary College of Otorhinolaryngologists of Hong Kong 2016
- Dip. of Medical Education Welsh National School of Medicine 2004
Reference number 2339104
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Director of Education British Association of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery (ENT UK) 2015
- Member national training committee for ENT surgery SAC, ENT UK 2015
- Member executive committee and Council Member British Association of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery (ENT UK) 2015
Details of entry to specialist register
- Nottingham/Leicester Higher Surgical Training Scheme, 1986
- Chinese University of Hong Kong, (Visiting Lecturer), 1989
Affiliations / memberships
Royal Society of Medicine
British Rhinology Society
British Society of Otology
- Nuffield Hospital Shrewsbury
- 08:30 - 13:00
- 01743 282500
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Mr D W Skinner, 01743243501
Shropshire Nuffield Hospital, 01743282500