- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Behavioural Activation (BA)
- CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention (CBT with ERP)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Bulimia Nervosa (CBT-BN)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
I have been working as a CBT Therapist since 2004. Prior to that I had worked in broadcasting and then trained in stress management. I am therefore now at home working with work-related stress and employees in high pressure and perfectionistic environments. I am also experienced in dealing with other anxiety disorders, low mood and self-esteem issues. I am trained and accredited in EMDR, which is recommended by the NICE guidelines for post-traumatic problems. I am therefore also very experienced with working with trauma and difficult memories. I have also recently trained in Schema Therapy for working with more complex problems.
Areas of interest
Anxiety; Depression; Social Anxiety; Panic Attacks; Worry; Obsessional thoughts and OCD; Health Anxiety; Phobias; Eating disorders; Anger Management; Low self-esteem; Trauma and post-traumatic stress (using EMDR); Stress Management; Schema Therapy
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Private practice website: http://www.manchestertherapies.co.uk
Current NHS consultant posts held
I have worked in the NHS in Barnsley PCT and currently also work part-time at The Priory Altrincham alongside my private practice.
Integrating EMDR with CBT and Schema Therapy.
Developing applications of EMDR. Eating Disorders, Obsessional problems. Trauma. Relationship difficulties. Schema Therapy.
As an independent therapist I do not keep outcome data, but my estimate is that 96-98% of my clients leave therapy with their problems alleviated.
- Post-Graduate Diploma, Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy University of Derby 2005
- EMDR Level III Richman EMDR Training 2007
Affiliations / memberships
BABCP, EMDR Association Uk and Eire, ISMA
- Beech Nook Therapy Room Behind 115 Beech Road...
- 10:30 - 16:30
- 0161 861 7468
- Beech Nook Therapy Room, Beech Road, Chorlton
- 11:30 - 16:30
- 0161 861 7468
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
0161 861 7468