- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I am a Consultant Respiratory/ General Internal Medicine currently working at Burton Hospitals NHS FT. In addition to my clinical commitments, I take a keen interest in teaching medical students and have been given the responsibility for teaching, training and assessing the medical students from the Leicester University who are placed at Burton Hospital for training. I am the nominated Cardio-Respiratory block lead for this purpose.
Areas of interest
COPD; INTERSTITIAL LUNG DISEASE; BRONCHIECTASIS AND OTHER RESPIRATORY CONDITIONS.
Current NHS consultant posts held
I am a Respiratory Consultant at Burton Hospitals NHS FT since March 2009.
I was nominated the Principal Investigator for the site and have successfully recruited patients for research relating to Interstitial Lung Disease, working closely with Nottingham University Hospital
A firm believer in physical fitness. I undertake regular cardiovascular training, enjoy all sports especially cricket, badminton.
Was awarded Gold Medal for securing the First Position in University at MBBS level with Distinction in Medicine.
(Additional) Languages spoken
Several publications in peer reviewed journals.
- MBBS (gold Medalist) Bihar University, India 1989
- MD (Medicine) Patna University, India 1991
- Diplomate of National Board (DNB) Internal Medicine National Board of Examinations, New Delhi 1992
- FRCP (London) Royal College of Physicians 2014
Reference number 4555188
Details of entry to specialist register
- Respiratory and General Internal Medicine, 2008
Affiliations / memberships
1) Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, London
2) Member of the British Thoracic Society
3) Member of the British Medical Association.