- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Applied Relaxation
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
I have been working as a counsellor since 1999. It continues to be a privilege to share the lives of many clients struggling with illness and caring for others. I have worked in GP practices and hospitals for the last 10 years. My experience has helped me to gain insight into the lives of those who are struggling and suffering. Learning to cope with adversity is a challenge for us all but with good support and coping strategies this can be overcome.
Areas of interest
Cancer; Anxiety; Low Mood; Relationship Difficulties; Bereavement; Divorce; Abuse; Illness; Trauma;
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Gastrointestinal disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
Oncology Counsellor Maidstone Hospital.
Specialist Counsellor, Highlands House, Tunbridge Wells, Kent - Family & Carers Service
I am interested oncology and also in carers who care for those with illness and mental health issues. I have also worked in hospice care for 4 years.
BSc (Hons) Psychology
Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
Diploma in Counselling Supervision
Courses offered to GPs
I teach in the 'Moving Forwards' programme designed for Breast Care cancer patients run twice a year in local hospitals. I also run mindfulness sessions on Health and Wellbeing Programmes. I also teach on palliative care workshops on how to understand death and dying and also teach staff how they can take care of themselves whilst doing this work.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology Open University 2016
- Counselling Supervision Wealden College 2005
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling West Kent College 2002
- CBT Masterclass Workshops Salomons University 2010
- Mindfulness London School of Economics 2011
- Group Facilitation Gestalt Centre 2014
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accredited Membership No. 541846 British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy 2005
- Membership No. 285952 British Psychological Society 2010
- 09:00 - 19:00
- 07712 378473
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Kent & Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust 0300 222 0123 24/7 emergency helpline.