- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I did my undergraduate medical training in India and moved to Ninewells Hospital and Medical School,Dundee where I did all my post graduate medical and Rheumatology training.I have been a Consultant Rheumatologist in Ninewells Hospital since 2011.I am also a honorary lecturer in the University of Dundee.
Areas of interest
I am a general rheumatologist and deal with all aspects of rheumatology such as inflammatory and non-inflammatory joint and muscle diseases, fibromyalgia, autoimmune diseases such as Sjogren`s and lupus, vasculitis and soft tissue problems.I run a specialist systemic sclerosis clinic in Ninewells Hospital.I am proficient in small joint ultrasound scanning and joint injections and aspirations.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Rheumatologist in NHS Tayside.
Systemic sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, Giant cell arteritis
Fitness, the outdoors, interiors,food, jazz.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Kannada - Fluent
- Marathi (Marāṭhī) - Conversational
- MBBS Jawaharlal Nehru Medical School 2000
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 2001
Reference number 6025965
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member of the British Society of Rheumatology BSR 2011
- Secretary of the Scottish Society of Rheumatology SSR 2018
- Member UK Systemic Sclerosis Study Group. 2018
- Member Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 2003
- Tayside Complete Health
- 14:00 - 16:30
- 01382 549088
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.