- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Surgical lacrimal
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery; Eyelid surgery; Blepharoplasty surgery, ptosis (droopy eyelids) surgery; Lacrimal (watery eyes) disorders; Facial plastic surgery; Thyroid eye disease, Orbital surgery / disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmologist, Oculoplastics and Orbital Surgeon at Stepping Hill Hospital/ Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
* Clinical Excellence Award level 1, Doncaster Royal Infirmary, 2014.
* Best poster presentation prize. BOPSS meeting in Cardiff, 2011.
* Pfizer audit prize for the Northern region of the UK, 2009.
* Mohs micrographic surgery versus surgical excision for periocular basal cell carcinoma. Narayanan K, Hadid OH, Barnes EA. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012 Feb 15;2:CD007041.
* Secondary pigment dispersion syndrome with single-piece acrylic IOL. A Report of Three Cases.Hadid O, Megaw R, Owen R, Fraser S. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2010 Sep;36(9):1610-1.
* Pupillary Capture of the Haptic of an Anterior Chamber Intraocular Lens after Blunt Trauma. Hadid OH, Steel D. Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology. 2009 Aug;44(4):e27-8.
* Mohs micrographic surgery versus surgical excision for periocular basal cell carcinoma. Narayanan K, Hadid OH, Barnes EA. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009 Apr 15;(2):CD007041.
* Alpha antagonists and intraoperative floppy iris syndrome (IFIS): a spectrum. S.A. Issa, Hadid OH, O. Baylis, M. Dayan. Clinical Ophthalmology. 2008:2(4) 735–741.
* Late-Onset Crystalline Lens Sublaxation after Diode Laser Cyclophotocoagulation. Hadid OH, Ellerton CR. Clin Experiment Ophthalmol. 2008 Oct;36(7):694-5.
* Opaque intraocular lens for intractable diplopia: experience and patients' expectations and satisfaction. Hadid OH, Wride N, Griffiths PG, Strong NP, Clarke MP. Br J Ophthalmol. 2008 Jul;92(7):912-5.
* Videoconferencing and Ophthalmology Teaching: the Newcastle Experience. Hadid OH, Morris DS, Dayan M. Eye News. 2006 Aug.
* Streptococcus anginosus Endogenous Endophthalmitis Mimicking Fungal Endophthalmitis. Hadid OH, Shah SP, Sherafat H, Graham EM & Stanford MR. J Clinical Microbiology. 2005 Aug;43(8):4275-6.
* Expression of AdipoR1 In Vivo in Skeletal Muscle Is Independently Associated With Measures of Truncal Obesity in Middle-Aged Caucasian Men. Zhang J, Holt, Wang C, Hadid OH & Christopher DB. Diabetes Care. 2005 Aug;28(8):2058-60.
* Isolated Oculomotor Nerve Palsy Caused by Cavernoma of the Midbrain. Hadid OH, Gazzard G & Plant GT. Neuro-ophthalmology, 2005 Apr:29(2): 69-71.
* Central Retinal Artery Occlusion with Cilioretinal Sparing Presenting as Acute Retinal Necrosis. Shah SP, Hadid OH, Graham EM & Stanford MR.European Journal of Ophthalmology. 2005 Mar-Apr;15(2):287-8.
* Hypo-oestrogenemia in Retinal Vasculopathy due to Primary Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome. Hadid OH & Jabir M. European Journal of Ophthalmology. 2003 Nov-Dec;13(9-10):819-21.
Courses offered to GPs
On BT tm Course
I run a one-day hands-on workshop on practical aspects of Botulinum toxin use around the eyelids and orbit (OnBTtm). This is aimed at various healthcare professions. I have so far run this course 5 times in various parts of the country (London, Leeds and Doncaster) and have taught more than 60 delegates. I have received excellent feedback from delegates.
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists London 2009
- Postgraduate Certificate of Medical Education (PGCertMEd) University of Dundee Dundee 2008
- MRCSEd (Ophth) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Edinburgh 2004
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians London 2004
- Post-CCT fellow in Oculoplastics and Orbit Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne 2010
- Post-CCT fellow in Oculoplastics and Orbit Manchester Royal Eye Hospital 2011
Reference number 5207677
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Ophthalmology post- and under-graduate clinical tutor Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospital 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- Omar Hadid , 2010
Affiliations / memberships
• Royal College of Ophthalmologists. London, UK.
• Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK.
• Royal College of Physicians of England, UK.
• British OculoPlastics Surgery Society (BOPSS)
• British Medical Association (BMA)
• The Medical and Dental Defense Union of Scotland (MDDUS)
• North of England Ophthalmological Society (NOES)
- Optegra Manchester Eye Hospital, One Didsbury...
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 0808 168 7137
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
0808 168 7137