- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Lower limb surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
Mr Kelvin Ramsey attended Cambridge University (Peterhouse) for his undergraduate and postgraduate medical training. He then completed both his clinical training in general surgical specialties and his specialist training in plastic surgery within the competitive Pan Thames region. Towards the end of his training he completed a year’s specialist fellowship in microsurgery at Charing Cross Hospital, London. Subsequent to this he was fortunate to be awarded a prestigious plastic surgical fellowship in Melbourne, Australia where he gained further experience in reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgery. In 2009 he was awarded the Certificate of Completion of Surgical Training in Plastic Surgery. On his return from Australia, Mr Ramsey was appointed as Microsurgical Fellow at the Royal Marsden Hospital, London where he was then promoted to his current NHS post as Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon.
Mr Ramsey is entered on the GMC Specialist Register for Plastic Surgery and is a member of the two governing bodies - BAPRAS and BAAPS. He has published and lectured widely and is actively involved in research, in particular in the field of lymphatico-venous anastomosis surgery for lymphoedema – the subject of his current MD thesis.
Mr Ramsey is a fully trained, approved and accredited Consultant Plastic Surgeon. He regularly performs complex reconstructions for a wide range of tumour types including skin, sarcoma, breast and head/neck cancer. In particular he specialises in breast reconstruction, abdominal / perineal reconstruction and supermicrosurgery for lymphoedema.
Mr Ramsey has a specialist interest in aesthetic surgery. He is of the firm belief that a thorough understanding of reconstructive principles is crucial for both the assessment and performance of all aesthetic procedures.
Areas of interest
Reconstructive Breast surgery ; Cosmetic surgery; Abdominal & Perineal surgery ; Microsurgery ; Lymphoedema surgery;
- Caroline Juffs (Private Secretary)
- The Lister Hospital Chelsea Bridge Road London SW1W 8RH
- 020 3764 0399
- 020 7117 5640
- Rebecca Connolly
- Department of Plastic Surgery Royal Marsden Hospital Fulham Road LONDON SW3 6JJ
- 020 7808 2208
Anaesthetists worked with
- Royal Marsden Hospital - Consultant profile
- The Lister Hospital - Consultant Profile
- The London Clinic - Consultant Profile
- Spire St Anthony's Hospital - Consultant Profile
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
Chelsea, London & Sutton, Surrey
Mr Ramsey is a regular member of the England and Great Britain Target Rifle shooting team. He is a member of the touring GB team to South Africa 2017.
BRC Funding Grant for Lymphoedema Research
(Additional) Languages spoken
• Tansley P, Ramsey K, et al. ANZ J Surg. 2013 Sep;83(9):630-5.
• Beyond TME Collaborative. Br J Surg. 2013 Jul;100(8):1009-14.
• Power K, Osman B, Ramsey K. Eur J Plast Surg 2013. DOI 10.1007/s00238-013-0828-1.
• Mackey S, Ramsey K. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2011 Sep;64(9):1174-9.
• Ramsey K. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011 Jan;127(1):481.
• Ramsey K, Overstall S, Fleming A. 2011 Aug; 2:e353-355.
• Ramsey K. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010 Aug;63(8):e664.
• Ramsey K, Overstall S, Malahias M, Meagher P. J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2010 Feb;35(2):151-2.
• Ramsey K, Grinsell D. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009 Dec;124(6):2192-3.
• Ramsey K, Ragan C, Dheansa B. Burns. 2007 Jun;33(4):533-4.
• Ansari A, Ramsey KW, Floyd DC. Br J Sports Med. 2006 Dec;40(12):1009-10.
• Bisarya K, Ramsey K, Cashman J, Powell B.
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2006;59(9):1013-4.
• Georgeu GA, Benyon S, El-Muttardi N, Ramsey KWD, Howard-Alpe. www.edu.rcs.ed.ac.uk/lectures/lt40.htm
• Ramsey K, Peckett W, Davies M. Foot and Ankle Surgery 2004;10:201-205.
• Ramsey K, Georgeu G, Pereira J, El-Muttardi N.Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine 2003;96:230-232.
• Georgeu G, Ramsey K, El-Muttardi N, Mayou B.British Journal of Plastic Surgery 2002 Dec;55(8):678-82.
• George G, Ramsey K, et al. Emergency Medicine Journal 2002 Sep;19(5):453-7.
• Ramsey K, Mortimer P. ‘Lymphoedema’.
In: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Wiley. 2014
• Ramsey K. ‘The surgical management of lymphoedema’.
In: ABS Yearbook 2011.
Free Flap Failure rate: 0%
Since starting as a Consultant Plastic Surgeon in 2009, Mr Ramsey has performed more than 300 microsurgical cases and has had 0 failures.
- MA Cambridge University 1996
- MB BChir Cambridge University 1998
- MRCS Ed Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2003
- FRCS (Plast) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2008
- Microsurgical Fellowship Charing Cross Hospital, London 2008
- Microsurgical Fellowship Melbourne, Australia 2009
- Microsurgical Fellowship Royal Marsden Hospital, London 2009
Reference number 4581783
Details of entry to specialist register
- PMETB CCT - Plastic Surgery, 2009
Affiliations / memberships
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
020 7808 2208
If out of hours - please contact me on my mobile through switchboard at the Royal Marsden Hospital.