- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Family Therapy
Throughout our lives we need to turn to others to help us manage difficult feelings, problems, conflicts and distress. The individuals and families I meet seek out professional support when their experience, skills and solutions no longer seem to work for them. These difficulties are sometimes experienced as: recurring relationship problems; wounding communication patterns; feelings of sadness, anger or despair; or, feeling overwhelmed by everyday life.
My experience may particularly benefit those with symptoms of anxiety, depression, trauma or loss. I also have extensive experience of working with clients living with enduring physical or mental health difficulties and with clients where there are issues around identity or trans-cultural trauma.
Areas of interest
Family and couple work;
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD);
Living with chronic illness:
HIV / AIDS;
Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD);
Alcohol / Drug dependency;
I have worked as a therapist in a variety of settings (NHS, charitable and private sectors) with a broad range of clinical presentations. My trainings enable me to work in a variety of therapeutic models with individuals, couples and groups. I am committed to the provision of quality psychological care for clients and am experienced in delivering both brief and extended psychotherapy interventions.
I am an Approved Clinical Supervisory for the Metanoia Institute and on the Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors for the British Psychological Society as well as an Associate Fellow of the Society.
I am a Systemic Practitioner having completed the Intermediate Level training accredited by the Association for Family Therapy.
- Post-graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology City University 1995
- Integrative Psychotherapy (MSc) Metanoia Institute 2003
- Qualification in Counselling Psychology British Psychological Society (independent route) 2010
- Systemic Practitioner Association of Family Therapy 2012
- Contextualising Change Course - Intermediate level course ( Family & Systemic Psychotherapy The Prudence Skynner Family Therapy Clinic & The Association for Family Therapy 2012
- Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors (RAPPS) The British Psychological Society 2012
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Associate Fellow British Psycological Society 2014
Affiliations / memberships
HCPC – Registered Practitioner Psychologist
British Psychological Society – Chartered Counselling Psychologist / Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors
United Kingdom of Counselling & Psychotherapy (UKCP) – Integrative Psychotherapist.
Metanoia Institute – Integrative Psychotherapist / Approved Supervisor
British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy - Registered Member and Independent Practitioner
Association of Family Therapists