- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Vascular surgery
Mr. Alok Tiwari is a Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon working at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham. He is also a Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Birmingham. He specialises in all aspects of vascular surgery with an special interest in the minimally invasive treatment of varicose veins and aneurysms. He has developed the diabetic foot service at Queen Elizabeth along with his colleagues and has gained further experience in this having recently been working in Singapore for 12 months. He is one of the few vascular surgeon who regularly performs peripheral angioplasty and stenting for limb salvage.
He organises and teaches on courses for surgeons and has been invited to give talks on varicose veins and lower limb salvage..
He has published extensively in peer reviewed journals on distal bypass for diabetic foot problems, seeding of vascular grafts and on varicose veins surgery with more than 80 publications.
Areas of interest
• Varicose veins • Aneurysms • Carotid surgery / endarterectomy • Venous disease • Endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) • Leg ulcers • Arterial disease • Peripheral vascular disease • Arterial surgery • Aortic surgery • Arterial bypass • Vascular system • Venous surgery • Aneurysms • Endovascular surgery • Distal arterial reconstruction • Foam sclerotherapy • Diabetic foot • Leg bypass • Gangrene leg/toes; Angioplasty; Radiofrequency ablation (RFA); Endovenous laser treatment (EVLT)
- Keely Thomas
- Birmingham Vascular Clinic BMI The Priory Hospital Priory Road Edgbaston BIRMINGHAM B5 7UG
- 0121 446 1691
- 0121 693 2342
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr James Geoghegan Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Vascular and General Surgeon/ Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer
Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham
Minimally invasive treatment of varicose veins
Endovascular treatment of vascular disease
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Native or bilingual
I have more than 80 publications and have written 3 book chapters.
My DVT rate after varicose vein treatment is 0%. I have a high satisfaction rate following my varicose vein treatment.
- MBBS Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School 1996
- Master of Surgery University of London 2003
- FRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2009
- Vascular Fellowship Westmead Hospital, Australia 2007
Reference number 4311757
Details of entry to specialist register
- Alok Tiwari, 2009
Affiliations / memberships
European society of Vascular Surgery
British Society of Endovascular Therapy
International society of endovascular specialists
- BMI Edgbaston
- 14:00 - 15:00
- 0121 446 1691
- BMI The Priory Hospital Priory Road Edgbaston...
- 17:30 - 19:00
- 0121 446 1691
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Priory hospital 0121 446 1636