- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Home chemotherapy
I was appointed at Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals NHS trust as a Consultant Clinical Oncologist in 2011, specialising in Neuro-Oncology & Acute Oncology/ Cancer of unknown primary (CUP).
I qualified in 1995 from Charing Cross & Westminster medical school. In 1999, after completing my general medical training, I commenced my training in Oncology. This was based initially at Charing Cross hospital, and later moving on to the Royal Surrey County hospital in Guildford, and then the Royal Marsden hospital. This training provided me with a broad-ranging experience in the management of cancer. Having worked as a locum consultant for 2 years in London and then Guildford, I then returned to the Royal Marsden hospital to work in the Academic Urology unit where I undertook research in prostate cancer and gained further experience of innovative radiotherapy techniques.
Since 2011, I have specialised in Neuro-oncology - the oncological management of primary brain and spinal cord tumours, using both chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatments and liasing closely with my Neurosurgical colleagues.
In the CUP clinic, I investigate and manage patients presenting after imaging suggestive of a new diagnosis of suspected metastatic cancer of unknown primary.
At Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals NHS trust, I am the lead clinician for the Neuro-oncology Cancer Network multidisciplinary team. I am also lead clinician for Acute Oncology & CUP.
Areas of interest
Neuro-oncology; Cancer of Unknown Primary (CUP, MUO)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Clinical Oncologist specialising in Neuro-oncology, Acute Oncology and Cancer of Unknown Primary
Based at Sussex Cancer Centre, Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton
and Princess Royal hospital, Haywards Heath
• Randomised pilot study of dose escalation using conformal radiotherapy in prostate cancer: long-term follow-up; A Creak et al; Br J Cancer. 2013 Aug 6; 109(3): 651–657.
• External Beam Radiotherapy for prostate cancer; Radiotherapy in Practice - External Beam Therapy 2012;| book-chapter; Part of ISBN: 9780199696567
• Dosimetric comparison of forward planned IMRT, inverse planned IMRT and VMAT for prostate cancer; M. Singhera, E. Selvadurai, G. Smythe, A. Creak, A. Horwich, R. Huddart, D. Dearnaley; Radiotherapy & Oncology; May 2012 Volume 103, Supplement 1, Page S265
• DNA fusion-gene vaccination in patients with prostate cancer induces high-frequency CD8(+) T-cell responses and increases PSA doubling time. Chudley, L., McCann, K., Mander, A., Tjelle, T., Campos-Perez, J., Godeseth, R., Creak, A., Dobbyn, J., Johnson, B., Bass, P., Heath, C., Kerr, P., Mathiesen, I., Dearnaley, D., Stevenson, F., Ottensmeier, C. (2012) Cancer immunology immunotherapy, 61 (11). pp. 2161-2170.
• Radiotherapy planning in high grade Gliomas: A survey of current UK practice. Creak AL, Tree A, Saran F. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2011 Apr;23(3):189-98.
• Hypofractionated stereotactic radiotherapy in the management of recurrent or residual medulloblastoma/PNET. F Saran, B G Baumert, A L Creak, A P Warrington, S Ashley, D Traish, M Brada; Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2007 Oct 16;
• Treatment of recurrent Head and Neck cancer: - Reirradiation or chemotherapy?
A L Creak, K Harrington, C Nutting. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2005 May;17(3):138-147.
• National Acute Oncology Conference 2017: Direct GP referrals to CUP clinic-18 months on (Oral Poster presentation – Highly Commended)
• ESTRO 2011: Phase III pilot study of dose escalation using conformal radiotherapy in prostate cancer: long term follow up; A. Creak; E. Hall; A. Horwich, R. Eeles, R. Huddart, D.P. Dearnaley
• SBNS 2019: Multidisciplinary clinic follow up for patients with high and low grade glioma
Authors: Giles Critchley, Sorin Bucur, Juliet Brock, Antonia Creak, Gill Walsh and Ruth Smith.
• BNOS 2015: Tailoring high grade Glioma management in the elderly - Georges, H; Critchley, G.; Lynch, M.; Walsh, G; Creak, A.; Brock, J. Neuro Oncol. 2015 Nov; 17(Suppl 8)
• NCRI Cancer conference 2013: Building on the 3 pillars of Acute Oncology: A snapshot audit 3 years on - Adam Fullagar, Antonia Creak, Sarah Westwell, Juliet Brock
- MB BS University of London 1995
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians 1998
- FRCR Royal College of Radiology 2003
Reference number 4197038
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- NCRI CUP Working Party member National Cancer Research Institute 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- Clinical Oncology, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
2019 Member of the British Neuro-Oncology Society (BNOS)
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.