- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I studied at Guys and St Thomas' Medical School before taking up training positions in London hospitals.
Areas of interest
Heartburn; Indigestion; Bowel disease including inflammatory (IBD); Peptic ulcers; Gastro-intestinal endoscopy; Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS); Colonoscopy; Functional bowel disorders; Colitis; Dyspepsia; Constipation
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Gastroenterologist and General Physician
Queens Hospital, Romford Essex.
Mindfulness Meditation and swimming
1. Sir John McNee award, Medical Society of London: Best research project proposal submitted from London Medical Schools. 1996
2. Thakrah award for work in occupational health: Society of Occupational Medicine. 1996
3. Public Health Medicine Prize: UMDS 1996
4. Dr George Michael Morris Prize for research in Third world medicine. 1996
5. Rayne Foundation bursary for elective project following recommendation from UMDS. 1996
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Conversational
Courses offered to GPs
Update on Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of reflux tutorial
Annonymous patient survey by company 360degree showed me to be receptive to patients and have high levels of satisfaction.
My last audit of colonoscopy skills showed my caecal intubation rates to be above 95% with polyp detection of >30%.
- MBBS London University 1997
- MRCP (UK) Royal College of Physicians 2000
- Postgraduate Certificate in Patient Safety and Clinical Risk Management Leeds University 2008
Reference number 4411437
Details of entry to specialist register
- Certificate of Completion of Training in Gastroenterology and General Medicine, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
British Society of Gastroenterology Member
British Medical Association Member
Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- Spire London East
- 16:00 - 17:00
- 020 7042 1833
- Spire Roding Hospital, IG4 5PZ
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 0845 556 1289
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr Pranab Gyawali