- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
I am a Clinical Psychologist, chartered with the British Psychological Society and registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). I have worked in a range of settings including outpatient and inpatient mental health services, in secure forensic settings and long-term rehabilitation settings.
I have practiced within NHS and private settings. I am also a visitng lecturer at the University of Surrey. I also offer training packages to other agencies, as required.
I am an Expert Witness providing assessments for Family, Immigration and Criminal Courts.
Areas of interest
Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Depression and Anxiety; Phobias; Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); Body dysmorphic disorder; Self-harm. I treat adults of working age, and work within a specific therapeutic model, or combine models to deliver integrative therapy in order to fit the person's individual needs.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Psychophysiological disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
I am currently working as the Lead Consultant Psychologist across acute care services in Surrey.
I have carried out research into working with people with personality disorders, the physical health behaviours of people with mental health difficulties, motivation for change, experiences of patients and carers in their admission to inpatient psychiatric units, and positive risk taking in mental health services.
My personal interests are: the treatment of trauma, personality disorders, and acute mental health difficulties.
I am a trained EMDR therapist (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing). My main therapeutic approaches are CBT, DBT-based approaches, EMDR, and Mindfulness. I tend to often work integratively, tailoring the approach to the individual by combining therapeutic models where necessary, in order to fit the person's needs.
BSc (Hons) Psychology
Clinical Psychology Doctorate (D.ClinPsych)
Associate Fellow of British Psychological Society AFBPsS
Member of EMDR Association UK and Ireland
Member of National Autistic Society
Courses offered to GPs
Understanding Personality Disorders; Understanding Positive Risk Taking in working with high-risk mental health.
- Clinical Psychology Doctorate University of Surrey 2009
- BSc (Hons) Psychology University of Nottingham 2003
- STEPPS (for borderline personality disorder) NHS 2010
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Skills Training British Isles DBT 2009
- Expert Witness Training: Courtroom Skills and Excellence in Report Writing Bond Solon 2010
- International Personality Disorder Examination Partnerships in Care 2013
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) Alexandra Richman 2011
- Psychopathy Checklist (Revised) (PCL-R) Hare 2012
- Mentalisation-Based Treatment (MBT) Anna Freud Centre 2011
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Consultant Clinical Psychologist NHS 2020
Affiliations / memberships
Member of the British Psychological Society (Clinical and Forensic Divisions)
Associate Fellow of British Psychological Society
Registered with the HCPC
Register of Expert Witnesses
Member of EMDR UK and Ireland
Member of National Autistic Society
- 5 Axis Centre, Cleeve Rd, Leathered, urrey KT22...
- 09:30 - 19:00
- 07729 153161
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.