- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Gastrointestinal/hepatobiliary radiology
Dr Andrew Lowe is a general Consultant Radiologist with a special interest in abdominal, gastrointestinal and cross-sectional imaging. He has a specialist Interest in CT Colonography (Virtual Colonoscopy), being a founder of the CTC Northern School and is widely published in GI radiology, and lectures Nationally and Internationally on his special interest areas.
Areas of interest
Gastro-intestinal disease; Oncology imaging;
CT Colonography; Obesity; Image guided non-vascular intervention
Current NHS consultant posts held
• Graduated from the University of Leeds 1995
• Radiology Training in Leeds, W Yorkshire
• Fellow, Department of Radiology, University Health Network, Toronto, Canada:2004-5
• Appointed Consultant Radiologist, Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust: 2005-present
• Lead Radiologist, West Yorkshire Upper GI and Hepatopancreatobiliary Cancer Centre: 2009- present.
• Founder member and Faculty of the Northern School of CTC
Andrew has over 30 peer reviewed publications. He is Radiology Research lead at Bradford Royal Infirmary. He was a co applicant in the SIGGAR-1 trial, and is local Principal investigator in the PROSPeCT study
He is a Fellow of the European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology (ESGAR),
Member of the British Society of Gastrointestinal Radiology,
Previous Member of the Executive committee of BSGAR (2008-2012).
Member of Royal College of Radiologists Scientific Programme Committee 2012- present.
Member of the National CTC sub-committee 2011-present
Multicentre survey of radiologically inserted gastrostomy feeding tube (RIG) in the UK. Clin Radiol. Feb 2013
Computed tomographic colonography versus barium enema for diagnosis of colorectal cancer or large polyps in symptomatic patients (SIGGAR): a multicenter randomized trial. The Lancet . Feb 2013
Multicentre survey of radiologically inserted gastrostomy feeding tube (RIG) in the UK.Clin Rad Sep 2012.
- BSc (Hons) Leeds University 1990
- MBChB (Hons) Leeds University 1995
- MRCP (Lond) Royal College of Physicians 1998
- FRCR Royal College of Radiologists (Lond) 2003
- GI Radiology Fellowship UHN, Toronto 2005
Reference number 4229302
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow ESGAR 1998
- Member BSGAR 1998
- Scientific Programme Committee RCR 2012
- Member National CTC sub-committee 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST, 2003