- Fee assured
- Verified this account
In my private practice I believe in ensuring patients have a fully informed, high quality patient journey. This reflects the philosophy of my NHS practice. My practice encompasses the breadth of ENT with subspecialist interests particularly in Otology (ear disorders) covering all types of adult and childhood hearing and ear problems, Vertigo and Balance disorders, Rhinology (nasal disorders including endoscopic sinus surgery), Paediatric ENT, benign Head and Neck Surgery, surgery for Snoring and voice and swallowing problems.
I undertook higher specialist training in the South Thames and West Midlands regions and did a subspeciality Otology (ear disorders) fellowship in Manchester. I was also awarded a JLO Travelling fellowship to the renowned Otology centre in Bezier, France.
I manage all types of ear conditions, involving symptoms of hearing loss, pain, discharge, itching and tinnitus (noise from the ears). I have also had specialist training in balance disorders and dizziness.
Additionally I have worked in three paediatric ENT centres including Birmingham Children's Hospital gaining extensive specialist and general paediatric ENT experience. I have also trained in benign head and neck surgery, snoring and voice disorders
I am committed to help train our future doctors and have held an appointment as a Regional Surgical Advisor to the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. I am also an intercollegiate MRCS examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. My research interests have resulted in the publication of over 20 articles in ENT peer review journals.
Areas of interest
Otology (all adult and children ear problems)
Hearing loss; ear pain and discharge
Reconstructive surgery for hearing loss and chronic ear disease
Vertigo, dizziness and Balance disorders
Rhinology (nasal disorders); nasal polyps; sinusitis; allergy; endoscopic sinus surgery
Snoring disorders and surgery
Benign Head and neck surgery
Voice disorders; swallowing problems
- General Appointments
- Spire Little Aston Hospital Little Aston Hall Drive Little Aston Sutton Coldfield B74 3UP
- 0121 704 5530
- Josephine Glendon
- The Burton Clinic Queens Hospital Belvedere Road Burton-On-Trent DE13 0RB
- 01283 566333
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant ENT Surgeon at
Burton upon Trent
Otology (hearing/ear and balance disorders)
My achievements in training and education have been recognised by the award of Fellow of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers (FFSTEd)
English and Urdu
SIDDIQ MA, Samra M
BMJ 2008; 336: 276-7
2. Empty Sella Syndrome associated with a hyperfunctioning microadenoma invading the
CJ Coulson, MA SIDDIQ, AP Johnson
British Journal of Neurosurgery 2007; 30:1-3
3. Facial palsy secondary to cholesteatoma: An analysis of outcome following surgery
MA SIDDIQ, LM Hanu-Cernat, RM Irving
Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2007; 121(2):114-7
4. Early results of titanium ossiculoplasty using the Kurz titanium prosthesis - a UK
SIDDIQ MA, Raut VV.
Journal of Laryngology and Otology. 2006; 2:1-6
5. Otosclerosis: a review of aetiology, management and outcome
British journal of Hospital Medicine 2006; 67(9): 472-6
6. Incus transposition and the future of ossiculoplasty
Sociedad Iberoamericana de Información Científica 2006 (invited author)
7. Bilateral choanal atresia and sinus hypoplasia in an adult patient with hypogammaglobulinaemia
AHF El-Sawy, MA SIDDIQ, A Anbarasu
European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology 2006; 263(12):1136-8
8. Prevention of cerumen impaction by treatment of ear canal skin
Clinical Otolaryngology and Allied Sciences 2005: 30(5); 479
9. Cerbellopontine angle arachnoid cyst in adult patients: What is the appropriate management
Alaani A, Hogg R, SIDDIQ MA, Chavda S, Irving RM
Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2005: 119(5); 337-41.
10. Agranulocytosis and citrobacter infection associated with jamu, a herbal remedy containing phenylbutazone.
Paul J, Duncan JR, Sharp P, Norris A, SIDDIQ MA, Bacon C, Weighill J.
Clin Infect Dis. 2005: 40(12); 1859-60.
11. Long-term hearing results of incus transposition
SIDDIQ MA, East D
Clinical Otolaryngology and Allied Sciences 2004: 29; 115-8
12. Gastrointestinal stromal tumour of the pharynx
SIDDIQ MA, East D, Hock YL, Warfield AT.
Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2004: 118; 315-6
I undergo annual appraisal whcih involves feedback from colleagues and patients achieving very high satisfaction levels
- MB ChB Sheffield University 1992
- FRCSEd (Oto) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1998
- FRCSE (ORL-HNS) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2004
- PGDipMedEd Dundee University 2014
- FFSTEd Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2014
- Senior Fellow in Otology and Neuro-Otology Manchester Royal Infirmary 2007
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Regional Surgical Adviser Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2010
- Governance member of Faculty of Surgical Trainers Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2012
- ENT UK (Expert Panel member) ENT UK 2001
Details of entry to specialist register
- Mr Mirza Azher Siddiq - ENT, 2006
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Member of European Academy of Otology and Neuro-Otology
ENT UK (also member of ENT UK expert panel)
British Society of Otology
Midland Institute of Otolaryngology
Humanity First - an International DIsaster Relief Organisation
General Medical Council
- Spire Little Aston Hospital
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 0121 704 5530
- The Burton Clinic
- 11:00 - 13:00
- 01283 511511
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Mr M A Siddiq on 07914570340