- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
I am a Chartered Forensic Psychologist using specialist techniques to treat trauma. I am interested in how unexpected life events affect both who we are and how we feel and behave, no matter how long ago they occurred.
I therefore treat the effects of trauma, no matter how small - such effects can lead us to live our life in a way that does not always sit comfortably with the way that we would like life to be. Depression, anxiety, stress and phobias can often be caused by trauma (unexpected life events). I strongly believe that we can let these effects go and look forwards to tomorrow without being so weighed down by the past.
Areas of interest
I use client-centred, solution-focused therapy to treat depression; anxiety; stress; habits; I specialise in treating major and minor trauma of many kinds (bereavement, accident, abuse, shock, any unexpected life event). I encourage positive habits - improving sleep; increasing relaxation;
I use a combination of techniques to suit each client, including Psychotherapy, Hypnotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and trauma treatments - Eye Movement De-sensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR) and Thought Field Therapy (TFT).
Courses offered to GPs
- National Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy National College of Further Education 2010
- MSc Applied Criminological Psychology Birkbeck University 1997
- MA Police Studies University of Exeter 1994
- BSc (Hons) Psychology 2:1 University of Plymouth 1992
- PTSD Master Class Trauma-Focused CBT Training Dr Heather Sequeira (BPS Approved) 2013
- Anorexia, Bulimia, Eating Disorders and OCD Training Central England College of Clinical Hypnosis 2013
- One Mind, One Body (Neurological Disorders) Central England College of Clinical Hypnosis 2012
- Advanced Meridian Therapy Training Progress Therapy Training International (Callaghan Techniques Ltd Approved) 2011
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) Algorithm Level Progress Therapy Training International (Callaghan Techniques Ltd Approved) 2011
- EMDR Certificates 1 – 3 (Eye Movement De-sensitisation and Reprocessing) EMDR Workshops Ltd EMDR Europe 2009
- Treating Headaches with Integrated EMDR EMDR Workshops Ltd 2009
- The Hare PCL-R Training Programme (Hare Psychopathy Checklist/Screening) Darkstone Research Group Ltd 2001
Details of entry to specialist register
- Association of Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy, 2010
- Health Professions Council (HPC), 2009
- National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH), 2009
- Register of Chartered Psychologists (BPS), 2000
- National Register of Psychotherapists and Counsellors (NRPC), 2014
Affiliations / memberships
British Psychological Society (BPS)
Health and Care Professions Council (hcpc)
Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (APHP)
National Council of Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- My Healthy Mind Ltd 4 St Mary's Street...
- 09:00 - 18:00
- 01952 825042
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.