- Fee assured
- Verified this account
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Family Therapy
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Family Therapy
- Video and telephone consultations
Sessions now available online via Zoom and Skype
I have been working privately as a psychotherapist, couples therapist and supervisor for twenty years. I provide therapeutic support to individuals, couples, families and young people.
I am Registered with UKCP. I am an EMDR practitioner which is the recommend treatment for working with trauma,
I am a qualified mindfulness teacher and run mindfulness based stress reduction courses (MBSR) throughout the year.
I am listed on the UK Network for mindfulness-teacher training organisation.
Mindfulness based treatments are recognised by the NICE guidelines as a recommended treatment for stress and depression.
I specialise in Eating disorders, Relationship counselling, Trauma work and stress management.
Areas of interest
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); Depression; Eating disorders; Family therapy; Adolescent mental health; Anxiety disorders; Individual therapy; Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); Bereavement; Alcohol / drug dependency; Major trauma; Attachment Issues; EMDR;
Stress management consultant; mindfulness-based cognitive therapy; mindfulness-based stress reduction for teens; Relationship counselling.
Specialist interests and expertise in the following physical conditions
- Eating disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Gynaecological disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Pain management
- Psychophysiological disorders
- Physical disability
- Work related issues
Current NHS consultant posts held
Helping people develop resilience and resource
Courses offered to GPs
I provide free introductory courses on mindfulness to organisations.
- MA Core Process Psychotherapy Middlesex University 2005
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy ICEEFT 2013
- Intermediate course in systemic and family therapy University of Plymouth 2009
- EMDR Europe Accredited Training Programme EMDR Works 2019
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Accredited/Registered Psychotherapist UKCP 2015
- Registered Supervisor UKCP 2015
- Registered Counsellor MBCAP 2015