- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Video and telephone consultations
Prof. Patel completed his specialist Registrar Rotation in Trauma and Orthopaedics with North Western Deanery, rotating through various hospitals in Preston, Chorley, Bolton, Stockport, Blackburn, Burnley and Wrightington.
He obtained fellowship experience as a lower limb arthroplasty fellow in one of the most prestigious Orthopaedic Hospitals in the country (Wrightington Hospital). The fellowship and the previous training have given him an excellent experience in a wide range of hip and knee surgery including complex revision arthroplasty.
He has special interest in young adult hip problems, problematic metal on metal hip replacements and management of sports injuries.
Areas of interest
Hip replacement surgery; Knee replacement surgery; Arthroscopic knee surgery; ACL reconstruction; Foot surgery; Ankle surgery; Revision hip and knee surgery (orthopaedic); Sports injuries; knee pain; foot pain; bunion; ankle pain; hip pain; osteoarthritis; toe deformity; morton's neuroma; plantar fasciitis; joint injections; hip arthritis; knee arthritis
- Celestina Alberto
- BMI The Lancaster Hospital Meadowside LANCASTER LA1 3RH
- 01524 597503
- Jayne Mann
- Spire Hospital Fylde Coast Hospital St. Walburgas Road Blackpool FY3 8BP
- 07875 073139
- Medical Secretary
- BMI The Beardwood Hospital Preston New Road Blackburn BB2 7AE
- 01254 507642
Anaesthetists worked with
Current NHS consultant posts held
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust
Prof. Patel has a keen interest in research.
Through taught courses and research, he obtained two postgraduate Diploma qualifications and two Masters Qualifications
He has published widely on various topics related to Trauma and Orthopaedics. He also has numerous presentations at national and international level.
Prof. Patel enjoys swimming, fell walking, Cricket and reading. He enjoys travelling along with his wife and kids.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Gujarati - Fluent
- Hindi - Fluent
1. Patel K, Raut V. Patella in Total Knee Arthroplasty: To resurface or not to- A cohort study of staged bilateral total knee arthroplasty. International Orthopaedics. 2011; 35 (3): 349-353.
2. Samuel R, Sloan A, Patel K, Aglan M, Zubairy A. The efficacy of combined popliteal and ankle blocks in forefoot surgery. JBJS Am. 2008; 90: 1443-1446.
3. Yallapragada R, Patel K, Davuluri P, Sloan A, Marynissen H. Arthroscopy assisted fixation of glenoid fracture. International journal of shoulder surgery. July 2007; 1(3): 96-99.
4. Drane AJ, Patel KJ, Murali SR. Non-union of an olecranon fracture in a professional rugby player. Injury Extra. July 2007; 38 (7): 228-230.
5. Patel K, Oudit D, Ross G, Howcroft AJ, Nicholson C. Midface swelling in a child - A diagnostic dilemma. The Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery. 2005; 13 (4): 207-208.
6. Zakir Shariff, Kuntal Patel, A. Elbo, I. Guisasola. Bilateral radial head fractures in a woman with trivial trauma. Medscape General Medicine. 2005; 7(3).
7. Amit Kapoor, P.P.Golwala, Kuntal J Patel, Deven V Desai, Sashidhar V. Yeluri. Giant Cell Tumor of First Metacarpal. The Internet Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2004; 2 (1).
8. Patel K, Kapoor A, Daveshwar R, Golwala. Percutaneous Intramedullary Supracondylar Nailing for fractures of distal femur. Malaysian journal of medicine; May 2004; 59:206- 207.
9. Kuntal Patel. Postgraduate diploma in science of sports injuries. BMJ Career Focus, Oct 2005; 331: 183.
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.njrsurgeonhospitalprofile.org.uk/SurgeonProfile?gmccode=5204765
- MRCS Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 2005
- Diploma in Sports and Exercise Medicine Intercollegiate academy of sports and exercise medicine 2005
- MSc in Science of Sports injuries Manchester Metropolitan University 2006
- MSc in Health Science and practice University of Central Lancashire 2007
- FRCS (Trauma and Orthopaedics) Royal College of Surgeons 2009
Reference number 5204765
Affiliations / memberships
- MeadowsideLANCASTERLA1 3RH
- 14:00 - 18:00
- 01524 62345
- St. Walburgas RoadBLACKPOOLFY3 8BP
- 08:00 - 13:00
- 01253 394188
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.