- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Naweed Shahid is working, as a consultant in the department of obstetrics and gynaecology in Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust since 2009.
He has vast experience in most aspects of gynaecology with special interest in advanced laparoscopic (minimal access) surgery for the treatment of prolapse,and other benign gynaecological conditions. Mr Shahid is able to perform laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy, sacrohysteropexy (unique expertise of uterine preserving prolapse surgery for women with prolapse) and laparocsopic hysterectomy as overnight inpatient stay.
Mr Shahid also has a special interest and expertise managing female urinary incontinence and is expert in performing, urodynamic test, vaginal tape procedures, colposuspension, intravesical (bladder) Botox injections for overactive bladder.
I addition Mr Shahid has expertise office gynaecology including transvaginal scanning, out-patient hysteroscopic techniques for the treatment of endometrial polyps and treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding (e.g. Minitouch).
He is BSCCP accredited colposcopist and has expertise in managing abmormal cervical smears.
Areas of interest
Benign gynaecology; Pelvic floor surgery; Urogynaecology; Colposcopy (examination of cervix and vagina), Office Gynaecology, Minimal access (laparoscopic) benign gyanecological surgery
- Lisa Botham
- Wigan & Leigh NHS Trust Royal Albert Edward Infirmary Wigan Lane Wigan WN1 2NN
- 01942 778556
- 07512 020816
- 01942 822211
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Nirendra Jena Fee Assured
- Dr N J Smith Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Obsterics and Gynaecology
Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
Royal Alber Edward Infirmary
- MBBS Nishter Medical College, Multan Pakistan 1984
- FRCS in General Surgery Royal College of Surgeaons Edinburgh 1995
- MRCOG Royal College of Obstetricians and Gyanecologists London 1998
- Accreditation in Colposcopy, British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, since 2003, last re-accredited 2016 BSCCP 2003
- ATSM, “Urogynaecology” RCOG 2010
- SSM, “Intermediate Level laparoscopic Surgery RCOG 2008
- SSM Ultrasound Imaging in the Management of Gynaecological Conditions RCOG 2005
- Postgraduate Certificate Advanced Practice Medical Ultrasound (obstetrics & gynaecology) University of Salford 2004
Reference number 4491017
Affiliations / memberships
General Medical Council
Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologist
British Society of UroGynaecology (BSUG)
British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
Member of Medical Defence Union
British Medical Association (BMA)
Hospital Consultants and Senior Doctors Association
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details