- Fee assured
- Verified this account
After qualifying and working as a doctor in the UK I commenced my training in medical oncology in New Zealand, and then moved to the Christie Hospital in Manchester, a leading cancer centre. I also carried out a period of 3 years research as a Cancer Research UK Clinical Fellow studying immunotherapy at the Paterson Institute for Cancer Research. This led to the award of a higher degree (MD) by the University of Manchester.
I am currently working at the Bristol Cancer Institute where I carry out a busy clinical practice. I am also network lead for lung cancer, Chief Clinical Information Officer, and previously lead for chemotherapy. I supervise and teach oncology trainees, junior doctors and medical students.
Areas of interest
Lung cancer; Mesothelioma; Sarcoma; GIST; Pancreatic cancer; Hepatobiliary cancer; Upper GI cancer; Neuroendocrine cancer
Current NHS consultant posts held
Medical Oncologist at the Bristol Cancer Institute, Bristol Haematology & Oncology Centre
Clinical trials in the tumour types I treat. I am a member of the National Clinical Study Group for Lung Cancer.
Tennis, cycling, photography
American Society of Clinical Oncology Merit Award for my research project
• Dangoor A, Lorigan P, Keilholz U, Schadendorf D, Harris A, Ottensmeier C, Smyth J, Hoffmann K, Anderson R, Cripps M, Schneider J, Hawkins R. Clinical and immunological responses in metastatic melanoma patients vaccinated with a high-dose poly-epitope vaccine. Cancer Immunol Immunother (2010) 59:863–87
• Elkord E, Dangoor A, Burt DJ, Southgate TD, Daayana S, Harrop R, Drijfhout JW, Sherlock D, Hawkins RE, Stern PL. Immune evasion mechanisms in colorectal cancer liver metastasis patients vaccinated with TroVax (MVA-5T4). Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2009 Feb 17
• Elkord E, Dangoor A, Drury NL, Harrop R, Burt DJ, Drijfhout JW, Hamer C, Andrews D, Naylor S, Sherlock D, Hawkins RE, Stern PL. An MVA-based vaccine targeting the oncofetal antigen 5T4 in patients undergoing surgical resection of colorectal cancer liver metastases. J Immunother. 2008 Nov-Dec;31(9):820-9
• Dangoor A, Laking G. Oncology Sections for the Oxford Handbook of Key Clinical Evidence. Published 2009. Oxford University Press.
• Mittal R, Dangoor A. Paracentesis in the Management of Ascites. Br J Hosp Med (London). 2007 Sep;68(9):M162-5.
• Dangoor A, Mansoor W. Book Review of “MD Anderson Manual of Medical Oncology”. Clinical Oncology. 2007 Feb;19(1):97
• Dangoor A, Thistlethwaite F, Hawkins R. Cancer vaccines: a clinical perspective. Br J Hosp Med (London). 2006 Jul;67(7):365-369
• Griffiths RW, Gilham DE, Dangoor A, Ramani V, Clarke NW, Stern PL, Hawkins RE. Expression of the 5T4 oncofoetal antigen in renal cell carcinoma: a potential target for T-cell-based immunotherapy. Br J Cancer. 2005 Sep 19;93(6):670-7
• Valle JW, Dangoor A, Beech J, Sherlock DJ, Lee SM, Scarffe JH, Swindell R, Ranson M. Treatment of inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma with pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD): results of a phase II study. Br J Cancer. 2005 Feb 28;92(4):628-30
Courses offered to GPs
Happy to be contacted to arrange GP education sessions on cancer management
- Batchelor of Medical Science (Honours) University of Nottingham 1991
- Batchelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery University of Nottingham 1993
- Member of Royal College of Physicians RCP (UK) 1999
- MD (Doctor of Medicine) University of Manchester 2011
Reference number 4020486
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Executive Committee Member Association of Cancer Physicians 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT Medical Oncology, 2008
- Healthcare at Home 1-5 Whiteladies Road...
- 14:30 - 18:00
- 0117 970 7800
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Information for healthcare professionals (Bupa patients only, last 12 months)
Clinical supervision and planning for delivery of chemotherapy cycle in the member's home 1-28 days - (5-50)
Clinical supervision and planning for delivery of chemotherapy cycle in the member's home 1-21 days - (5-50)