- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Upper GI surgery
Mr Ablorsu is the Consultant in Transplant and General Surgery, who has established excellent practice in hernias, gallstones and laparoscopic surgery as well as Sportsmen’s groin pain management.
His main focus is to maximize patients’ post-operative comfort, minimize pain and shorten post-operative recovery. By using laparoscopic approach, patients also benefit from better cosmetic effect.
His professional areas of interest:
• General Surgery
• Laparoscopic Surgery
• Gallbladder removal, Gallstones Surgery (Laparoscopic cholecystectomy)
• Inguinal and Abdominal Hernia Surgery (including laparoscopic hernia repair)
• Sportsmen’s groin injury
Areas of interest
Hernias, including inguinal hernia and abdominal;
Gallastones and Gallbladder problems;
Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal);
Sportsman groin injury;
Laparoscopic procedures ('keyhole surgery') on gallbladder and hernias
- Sharon Daniels
- University Hospital of Wales Heath Park CARDIFF CF14 4XW
- 07908 205123
- 029 2074 6661
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Thabet M Shafik Fee Assured
- Dr Haitem Maghur Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Mr Ablorsu has been working in consultant position in the University Hospital for Wales, Cardiff for more than six years and during this period he has established excellent practice in gallstones, hernia surgery and Sportsmen’s groin pain as well as in Transplant Surgery.
He regularly presents his work in national and international forums, and regularly publishes in peer reviewed surgical journals.
Research is important part of my clinical work.
Currently, he is coordinating around £90k funding I received from several grands in support my research projects. Aim of these project is to identified molecules, that can predict outcomes of kidney transplantation.
He founds his job very interesting and exciting. However, his family is essential for him, and dedicating all his free time to the family.
Sport is his other great passion. He regularly hits roads for run and in combination with his morning yoga he keeps his body fit and mind fresh and focuses.
Also he has a passion in photography. He believes that same as surgery photography requires creativity, imagination and looking to world from different perspective.
• Khalid U, Ablorsu E, Szabo L, Jenkins RH, Bowen T, Chavez R, Fraser DJ. MicroRNA-21 (miR-21) expression in hypothermic machine perfusate may be predictive of early outcomes in kidney transplantation; Clinical Transplantation 2016 Feb; 30 (2); 99-104
• Alabi A, Dholkia A, Ablorsu E. The role of laparoscopic surgery in the management of a malfunctioning peritoneal catheter. Ann R Coll urg Eng; 2014 Nov;96(8):593-6.
• Sally F, Chapman D, Argiris A, Elijah A. THE BENEFIT OF EARLY ENTERAL FEEDING AFTER SIMULTANEOUS PANCREAS KIDNEY TRANSPLANTATION; Transplant International 26:42-42, November 2013
• E. ABLORSU, S. Mehra, A. Tavakoli, T. Augustine, R. Pararajasingam. Staged enteric conversion of the pancreatic duct following duodenal necrosis in a non-heart beating simultaneous kidney and pancreas transplant. Transplant Proceedings 2009; 41: 1778-1780
• ABLORSU E, Ghazanfar A, Mehra S, Campbell B, Riad H, Pararajasingam R, Parrott N, Picton M, Augustine T, Tavakoli A. Outcome of Pancreas Transplantation in recipients aged 50 years and over: A Single Centre Experience. Transplantation 2008; 86: p 1511-1514
• ABLORSU E, HAMPL F, BALAZ V, LACKOVA E. Swap Living-Donor Kidney Transplantation in Patient after Cystectomy and left Nefrectomy. Transplant International 2007, 20, Issue Supplement 2, p 355
• ABLORSU E, KOTHAJ P. Current position of surgery in treatment of colorectal liver metastases. In Clinical Oncology. 2006, 19, No 2, p 121-123, ISNN 0862-495X
• Ablorsu E. Outcomes of laparoscopic incisional hernia repair in kidney/pancreas transplant patients. European Hernia Society Conference, 2014
• KOTHAJ P, ABLORSU E. Liver surgery – Experiences and advices. Patria Lt, Slovakia, 2006, p 104
• E. Ablorsu. Chapter 5 – Transplantation in Diabetics with End-Stage renal Disease. Edited J. Ortiz. Understanding Complexities of idney Transplantation. InTech 2011. ISBN 978-953-307-819-9
Courses offered to GPs
Complex Hernia Management
- Certificate in Surgery of the first degree Awarded, by Slovak Postgraduate Academy of Medicine Bratislava, Slovakia [Registration No: B 43775] 2001
- Certificate in Gastroenterologic Surgery Awarded by Slovak Medical University, Bratislava, Slovakia [Registration No: 01240] 2006
- Certificate in General Surgery Awarded by Slovak Medical University, Bratislava, Slovakia [Registration No: 01771] 2007
- Certificate in Transplantation Surgery (Modules: Multi-Organ Retrieval, Kidney Transplantation, Pancreas Transplantation) Awarded by European Board of Surgery, Division of Transplantation 2008
- Degree in Medical Doctor, MD Awarded by Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia 1999
Reference number 6097510
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- General Medical Council GMC 2004
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons Royal College of Surgeons 2009
- Fellow of European Board of Surgery European Board of Surgery 2008
- Member European Society of Organ Transplantation 2008
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Sugery, GMC, 2007
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons of England
The European Board of Surgery
- Spire Cardiff Hospital Croescadarn Road...
- 15:00 - 17:00
- 029 2073 6011
- The Vale Hospital Hensol Castle Park HENSOL...
- 17:30 - 19:30
- 029 2083 6700
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Vale Hospital: 029 2083 6700
Spire: 02920 736011